* If you click a link on this page and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn more.
No matter how picky you are when it comes to picking air compressors the Makita MAC2400 is definitely going to meet your standards if not even exceed your expectations.
Makita is generally a leading company when it comes to producing high-quality power tools, and the Makita MAC2400 is one of their latest innovations.
It is mainly aimed at those who are looking for industrial-grade power and performance with plenty of sturdiness to back them up.
- Porter Cable C2002 Review
- Best Air Compressor For Painting
- Best Portable Air Compressor
- Airhawk Air compressor Reviews
The Makita MAC2400 Air Compressor Review
The Makita MAC2400 is equipped with a 2.5 HP 4-pole motor that provides the user with plenty of power and enables it to deliver 4.2 CFM and 90 PSI and 4.8 CFM at 40 PSI for diversity.
One can’t help but notice the twin-stacked 4.2-gallon tanks on this model.
It has an incredible ability to provide a huge amount of power and it does so without producing much noise thanks to its Big Bore construction.
This power is delivered consistently and smoothly, so you shouldn’t worry about the kind of power tool you attach to this compressor as its air production would be more than sufficient.
2. Pump Design
The oil-lubricated pump on this compressor provides it with the capability to operate without overheating and protects it against wear and tear.
On top of that, the oil-lubricated design facilitates the maintenance of the MAC2400 with the presence of an oil sight glass through which you can tell the level of oil in your device.
To change the oil, you simply have to open the tank, drain the valve, close it, and then pour the new oil into your MAC2400’s tank.
3. Sturdy Construction
Having cast-iron construction means that the Makita MAC2400 is a very sturdy unit and doesn’t wobble or vibrate as it operates.
Additionally, the Big Bore cylinder is made from cast-iron as well to extend the durability of the unit.
Big Bore cylinders and pistons are known for being able to compress a larger volume of air in order to give you a reliable flow of pressure and faster recovery time. They even enable you to hook two nail guns simultaneously without compromising the quality of the MAC2400’s operation.
“Bore” is a term used to measure the diameter of the cylinder while “stroke” is used to describe the movement.
Pistons move inside the cylinder and the ones with bigger bores and longer strokes have a superior capability to compress a bigger amount of air and reduce the number of cycles needed to produce a certain volume of air.
This extends the pump’s longevity and makes it more durable.
4. High-quality Draw and Air Filtering
It’s a huge plus that this premium-quality compressor has a low AMP draw to spare you any tripped breakers at start-up and provide you with better resistance against drops in voltage.
Like the ones found on cars, the Makita MAC2400 comes with an air filter that provides the compressor with cleaner air and enhanced air intake.
The Makita MAC2400 has a pretty quiet operation as it operates at only 1,730 RPM and has a 79dB rating.
It’s not absolutely silent, of course, but it’s much quieter than any air compressor of the same price level.
This means you don’t have to worry about using it in enclosed spaces such as homes, garages, small workshops, or basements.
Moreover, the rubber feet definitely help to stifle the noise levels of this compressor as they reduce vibrations and increase stability.
- Has a high CFM rating
- Equipped with a roll cage to protect the compressor
- High-quality cast-iron construction extends its durability
- Two hose outlets provide the user with more flexibility
- Runs without producing much noise
- Industrial air filtering makes it more efficient
- Capable of handling heavy-duty tasks
- A little heavy to carry around
- Not compatible with many external kits
- Substandard tank capacity
- Best Pancake Air Compressor
- Best Portable Air Compressor For Car
- Best 60 Gallon Air Compressor
- Central Pneumatic Air Compressor
- Porter Cable C2002
- Ingersoll Rand 2475n7.5-V Air Compressor
The Makita MAC2400 is a great air compressor in every way possible. It provides an insane amount of power at a steady rate and in a consistent way.
Moreover, it operates very quietly and its Big Bore construction extends its durability and efficiency.
It will definitely provide you with great value for your money.
- Cast iron pump with Big Bore cylinder and piston is engineered to provide faster recovery time for improved performance
- Powerful 2.5 HP 4-Pole motor produces 4.2 CFM at 90 PSI for increased productivity and lower noise
- Roll-cage construction provides complete protection to withstand extreme jobsite environments
- Low AMP draw reduces incidences of tripped breakers at start-up