Disclaimer: None of our reviews are sponsored. We earn a commission when you purchase items through our links.
A good 12 inch miter saws are the perfect tool for various cutting activities such as cross-cut, bevel cut, angle cuts, and others. Choosing a good saw is a bit difficult as there many 12-inch miter brands saw available in the market, with all these brands that claim to be the best.
With this, it will be stressful to choose the best tool among several products. But with this guide, 7 miter saw will be identified and vividly analyze their features, pros, and cons with our expert verdict on every selected product.
So, in this guide, 7 best 12 inch miter saws will be review to save your time and as well as to assist you in picking the best saw.
Table of Contents
Our Favorite Picks
|Bosch Power Tools
|Metabo HPT 12-Inch
|SKIL 3821-01 12-Inch
The 7 Best 12 Inch Miter Saw
1. Bosch Power Tools GCM12SD – 15 Amp 12 Inch
The Bosch GCM12SD is a reasonably expensive saw, but it pays off. It has a powerful 15 A motor delivering 3800 rpm and a one year guarantee.
There are several and different blade types to work with, and you’ll see the cutting line more clearly with the transparent blade cover. This saw’s strength provides horizontal cutting of up to 14 inches while the vertical range is 6.5 inches. This also helps you to work with a 6.5-inch crown molding.
With this tool sliding extension, you can work on 40 inches materials. This model features an innovative sliding system that enables smooth cuts, wider cross-sections, and better alignment.
This miter saw can cut 12 inches of materials because it does not use a common rail mechanism using a special fencing system that changes your table 90 degrees without having to switch.
Fences also have a simple lock option to lock and unlock so that the fence can be quickly slid into the correct location. Between left and right angles, up to 47 degrees can be done with a button. The dual tilt line is easy to read, and the tilt brackets are set on both sides at 0, 33.9, and 45 degrees.
- Compact and Precision cutting
- Versatile with durability cutting
- Glide movement controller
- Soft trigger handle and clear lower guard
- 2 square lock and quick release fence
- Adjustment requires for accuracy
- Quite large and heavy
The Bosch GCM12SD will undoubtedly impress not only with its clean and precise cuts but also with its powerful engine and fast cutting speed. The controls are easy to use, and they are much more relaxed with their presence at the front. Getting built-in extensions and a dust sensor that keeps the workspace fairly clean is perfect.
- AXIAL GLIDE SYSTEM: patented glide system allows wider cross cuts and better alignment while also being compact, saving you...
- CAPACITY: expanded cutting capacity, 14 inch horizontal capacity nominal 6 1/2 inch vertical capacity against the fence base...
- ADJUSTABLE: provides easy adjustments with a large, easy-to-read uniform bevel and stainless steel miter scales with marked...
- PRECISION: square lock quick release fences lock fence 90 degree to the table and requires no adjustment, 1 touch lock/unlock...
2. Dewalt Dws780 12-Inch Double Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw
It’s no secret that DeWalt is known for power tools that are sturdy and dependable. Since 1924, this American company has been around, and they are well known.
The DWS780 is no exception, and our research shows it was tag as the best 12-inch miter saw among available tools in the market!
Carpenters, enthusiasts, and other woodworkers who usually work alone would thank this saw for its excellent performance, apart from this saw’s superb usability. The saw power and functionality also ensure that all workers are performed correctly and safely.
One of the few laser saws with a sliding board, this tool is fitted with an XPS transverse positioning system that gives the user a clear view of cutting, which guarantees accuracy and Precision cutting every time.
The DWS780 is the right saw for crown cutting tasks. The capacity to form the crown is an outstanding 6-3/4 inch vertical. For standard woodcutting, this allows for a wide range of 2 x 16-inch cutting capacities.
- Greater capacity to cut vertically
- Quality parts are made from high-quality materials.
- Supports constant maneuvers
- Full accuracy and capability
- Ultimate durability and Hassle-free operation
- Costly and heavy
- No AC cord connector
This is a well-built device that was designed to offers the finest, accurate, and beautiful cuts. The DeWalt DW708 has excellent angle adjustment, clean and smooth for a custom project. We love the precise positioning indicators and XPS LEDs which use the cutting blade shadow.
- Integrated CUTLINE Blade Positioning System provides adjustment free cut line indication for better accuracy and visibility...
- XPS technology uses an LED to project light down either side of the blade, creating a shadow on the cutline once the saw arm...
- Super-efficient dust collection system of DEWALT miter saw captures over 75% of dust generated
- Tall sliding fences support crown molding up to 7-1/2-inch nested and base molding up to 6-3/4-inch vertically against the...
3. Makita LS1219L 12″ Dual-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw
Makita LS1219L is an excellent option for those who are willing to spend on a quality product. This Makita produces up to 3200 rpm and comes with a 15 amp engine. It is built to make transverse and vertical cuts and make nested cuts while working with crown disks and the like. This tool is compact with an equipped rail system that extends the working space.
Ball bearings make it easy to change the dimensions to get the exact cuts you need. It also comes with a laser control device that you can configure before installing the blade and when it is in motion.
The engine starts automatically, with a simple ON button, and it can push the materials away from you.
- In-front bevel lock feature
- Dual dust collection ports
- 2 steel rail sliding system
- Powerful with 15 amp
- 3200 RPMs deliver
- Difficulty in laser guidance set-up
- Not suitable for beginner
This Makita LS1219L 12 best 12-inch miter saw was built to handle all woodworking tasks with Precision and fast cutting delivery. The 15 Amp motor delivers more than sufficient power to handle any task. The enormous 12-inch blade makes cutting wider shapes easier, and the laser is enough.
- Unique 2-steel rail sliding system design offers single slide-glide operation; reduced saw footprint allows operation flush...
- Increased capacity for up to 8" Crown molding (vertically nested), 6-3/4" baseboard (vertical), and 15" crosscuts at 90
- In-front bevel lock for convenient operation
- Dual dust collection ports provide excellent dust extraction performance
4. Metabo HPT 12-Inch Compound Miter Saw, Laser Marker System
If you are searching for a strong enough tool to cut various items with a 15 amp engine, the 12-inch Metabo HPT is a mid-range saw is a suitable tool to execute such tasks.
Generally, when cutting wood precision is essential. Metabo HPT 12 inch saw has a laser marking mechanism, that simplifies the cutting position to be easily identified. The laser array can also be mounted at an angle of up to 570 right – 450 left. This gives it a basic structure. Metabo 12 HPT miter saw features laser marking mechanism, dual bevel, 15 amp engine, aluminum roof high rotation, and 5-year warranty.
Every power tool/saw user, both beginner and professional hate tool with high vibration. This miter saw with its elastomer coating can counteract the vibration affection. This coating is based on its horizontal grip and helps with vibration reduction. This also avoids spillage and provides additional comfort.
This cast iron saw has an aluminum fence with a high swivel, which gives it the correct height. This also lets you shape the crown and cut this vertically for convenience.
- Laser marker mechanism
- Tall and pivoting aluminum fence
- Horizontal handle with full coating
- Large Base for tool stability
- Dust collection is not effective.
This tool is an excellent saw with the market’s least vibration rates with precision and neat cutting. Metabo HPT 12 inch is recommended because it is robust and suitable for any work.
- MOTOR: Powerful 15 amp motor with 1,950 W of output power smoothly powers through hardwoods with ease
- MITER SCALE RANGES: from 0-52 degrees, both to the right and left, for a broader range of cuts
- FENCE: Tall, pivoting aluminum fence that stands at a height of 5-1/8 In. allows crown molding to be cut vertically
- MICRO BEVEL: After major bevel angle is secured, micro-bevel adjustment knob can be used to dial-in to a precise angle
5. Tacklife Sliding Miter Saw, 12Inch 15Amp
Tacklife PMS03A 12-inch miter saw offer an exceptionally reliable, and high quality saw for cutting activities. A double tilt helps you gravitate up to 450 comfortably and has a higher cutting stroke up to 9.5 inches. PMS03A is sturdy with a 15-amp motor, which provides maximum running time at 1700 W of power.
The tool engine also produces up to 3,800 RPM, making it a tool with the biggest RPM capacities. This saw has the versatile ability, with easy to cut different materials, both ferrous and non-ferrous materials. The high-quality tungsten blade tooth with a tilting blade gives the chance to get smooth grooves and ditches on your surfaces.
The D-controlled style, combined with a linear double slider, also provides a much more convenient user interface. This gives a smooth, secure, and most importantly, precise cutting job when using this saw.
- Precise miter scale with double bevel
- Large extended platform
- Professional Laser guide
- Efficient dust bag collector included
- Manual guide not included
We suggest this miter saw due to its range of versatility and the ease of cutting various materials easily. It is also easy to use without needing to mount an extra extension cable.
- Worm drive delivers the relentless power and trusted durability needed to get the job done on any jobsite
- Lightest-in-class construction and convenient top handle makes transportation easy
- Led shadow light provides high precision cuts with greater accuracy than lasers
- 15 amp Dual-Field motor keeps the motor cooler, increasing longevity and work efficiency; 4 x 14 cross cut capacity lets you...
6. Makita Xsl07Pt 18V X2 Lxt Lithium-Ion (36V)
The miter saw of Makita XSL06PT is one of the world’s first and rare, cordless 12-inch miter saws. The Makita 12 inch Miter saw has all the features that can be seen on cutting-edge saws. For instance, it is powered by brushless motors for greater efficiency and delivers 4400 rpm simultaneously. With a simple miter capacity of 0 to 60 degrees, 0, 15, 22.5, 31.6, 45 indent, and 60 degrees.
This miter saw is one of the best 12 inches saw you would need for various cutting activities. With its flexibility and portability, this cordless saw provides mobility of the saw from one place to another easily. And with this saw you get a great cutting output.
- Powerful with 4,400 RPM deliver
- Durable with 2 LXT batteries
- Suitable for outside work
- Automatic speed change technology
- In-front bevel lock for convenient operation
The XSL07PT features a saw blade 12-inch with optimum performance tipped to 60-meter carbide. The thin construction provides a smooth cut with less motor resistance and reduced waste of material. The overall saw blade performance offers up to 100 percent faster sawing compared to standard saw.
- Powered by two LXT batteries; x2 LXT technology delivers more power, speed and run time without the hassles of a cord
- Makita built electronically controlled BL Brushless motor delivers 4, 400 RPM for faster and smoother cutting
- The BL Brushless motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Automatic speed change technology adjusts cutting speed and torque during cut for optimum performance
7. Skil 3821-01 12-Inch Quick Mount Compound Miter Saw
The SKIL is alike to Dewalt with a 12-inch cutting blade, sturdy with 15 amp with a similar cutting range, but it is only the price that differentiates between the tool. This fast-release saw includes a laser cutting guide, allows you to make the blades go precisely as you want. Useful functionality for beginner and professional users can be used with 9 fast stops. You can use this saw for Precision and repeatable cuts, without any issues.
With bevel stops that were made of inured materials, which allows for a similar control range to be implemented on a single blade. The saw weighs 46.3 Ibs, which makes it lightweight than Dewalt, with different thicknesses of their board. Thus, the laser can be a critical element for those pursuing unparalleled Precision, which can significantly reduce the chances of getting errors.
- 9 Positive stops for
- Powerful 14 amp motor that delivers 4,500 RPM
- Left and right table extension rail
- Quick Mount System
- Easy to assemble with stunning laser
- Retighten all bolt is require
This SKIL 3821-01 12-Inch was made of durable and high-quality materials with 9 positive stop and quick-mount system features. This is a perfect tool for a range of cutting activities.
- Laser cutline guide for fast and accurate cuts
- 9 positive stops for setting common miter angles
- Powerful 15 amp motor with 4,500 RPM
- Table extension with left/right extension rails for long, large work pieces
Now that you’ve read relevant features and capabilities about 7 best 12-inch miter saw with all our selected saws. So here’s a comprehensive buying guide for miter saws. Although, this shopping guide has all the essential things you need to know about 12-inch miter saw before you buy any brand. By taking full advantage of this section, it will be easier to buy a perfect saw for needs.
With the tool’s structure, it is known that a miter saw makes use of a circular or rounded blade. There are several circular blades on the market of different sizes. One of the major aspects of miter saw is their blade size. Checking the blade of the saw you’re buying is very crucial. That is because a wider blade works better. Wider blades allow for deeper cuts when sawing wood.
When comparing the most versatile between 10 inches and 12 inches. Without a doubt, a 12-inch blade offers greater output than other blades of any inch. What happened is, the higher the blade inches, the better the result they will provide. You may also test the number of teeth on a particular blade, in addition to their thickness. A 60-tooth blade is better at operating than a 48-tooth blade.
Most of the miter saw is power by an electric motor, rarely among the tools powered by Lithium-ion batteries. As with other power tools, the rate of the power saw is given in amperes. You will find 12 or 15 Amp output motors where they work best. The powerful motor makes higher rotational speeds and a smoother, cleaner cut when cutting wood.
Miter angle is an essential aspect of a 12-inch miter tool that should be adequately checked before purchase any tool. Along with bits of wood, this can be very useful for creating joints. The cut rake angle is the insert’s horizontal angle. A wide range of starting curves can be found up to 500, or up to 600. Typically, this range differs from left to right when the wood is cut. Any best 12-inch miter saw will have a wide miter angle.
This is very important to check, as it is this that will determine either you will be able to cut custom size vertical angle or not. It can be useful for the creation of joints, as an oblique angle. Many of the miters saw built with different and ranges of angles. It involves several tilt angles from 0 to 450, or from 0 to 600. Like the miter angle, the high the saw bevel angle, and the higher precision control will offer during use, leading to better working output.
Before buying a power tool, it is essential to check the warranty and money-back guarantee policy. This is important because if you have to wear issues, the warranty will be useful to repair it. Many brands offer a 3-year warranty on their product. Yet others also have a 5-year warranty. Generally, it believes that brands with higher warranties are expected to last longer than the lower ones. The consistency output of each saw should also be tested along with the manufacturer warranty, to get an idea of the saw’s longevity.
All the above-mentioned 7 best 12-inch miter saw are the best saw options you’re expected to choose for excellent and precise cuts. The saws have blades of 12inch lengths, making them the best choice for a more comfortable crosscut, bevel cut, and other cuts.
12 inch miter saws are a durable tool, as they are built from the highest quality materials that will enable you to use the saw for several years. The great news about the miter saw is that they compact in size, which allows for easy mobility from one place to another. However, these are very powerful saws that provide more than 3500 rpm to increase durability and efficiency. Miter saws keep the workspace clean as a result of the dust bag collection option. The bevel system allows the blades to be easily adjusted for efficient cutting at different angles, making them the best saw that should be owned.