Disclaimer: None of our reviews are sponsored. We earn a commission when you purchase items through our links.
A good saw for cutting laminate flooring is a cutting tool for cutting laminate flooring and other materials. If you have a laminate cutting task to do, then dive in to find the right laminate floor cutter that assists you in cutting laminate quickly and easily.
When you have the right laminate tools cutter with you, performing laminate flooring in your home will not be a challenge. But many products are available in the market, and it’s hard to choose from. That’s why we’re going to explore the full details of the 7 best saws for cutting laminate flooring that will help you cut laminate flooring to perfection.
Table of Contents
Our Favorite Picks
|BULLET TOOLS 9 INCH||Check Current Price||17.5Ibs||4.6|
|MANTISTOL 13||Check Current Price||19.25Ibs||4.3|
|SKIL 3601-02||Check Current Price||30.2Ibs||4.6|
|NORSKE TOOLS||Check Current Price||15.8Ibs||4.5|
|EAB TOOL EXCHANGE||Check Current Price||13.4Ibs||4.5|
|BULLET TOOLS 13||Check Current Price||38.7Ibs||3.9|
|ROBERTS 10-94||Check Current Price||32.8Ibs||4.6|
The 7 Best Saw For Cutting Laminate Flooring
1. Bullet Tools 9 Inch – Best Saw Blade For Cutting Laminate Flooring
The Bullet Tools 9 inch best saw blade for cutting laminate flooring is a powerful cutter. This device offers high precision cutting for laminate flooring up to 9 inches long and 5/8 thick. It gives you a dust-free cutting process due to its practical nature. It’s also free of power cords so you can use it every time without worrying about your surroundings because it is noiseless.
These 9-inch tools are made in the United State of America with a 1 year warranty period for technical faulty. Also, these tools are ready-to-use tools, and no assembly is needed at all! So, if you’re searching for a great tool for laminate, this Bullet tool could be the right match for any hobbyist who is aiming to execute laminate floors task. This tool is capable to cut 5/8 inches.
- It does not require any power cords/electricity.
- It allows dust-free service.
- It’s compact and lightweight.
- It is built with a sharp blade
- It is durable
- It is expensive compared to other items
- It is not ideal for cutting at a 45-degree angle
The Bullet Tools is a mid-priced choice that will offer you a quiet and mess-free activity. It’s a little expensive, however, compared to other similar versions out there.
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Cut materials up to 9 inches in width
- Dust free, quiet operation, no electricity
- Cut where you work anytime day or night
2. Mantistol 13 – Best Saw To Cut Laminate Flooring
MantisTol 13 inch best saw for cutting laminate flooring is one of the devices that you can find for laminate flooring.
This great tool if different from other ordinary tools, does not assure a perfect, trouble-free laminate cut. Man makes the laminate material. And that is why this tool could be used to make an excellent cut via the coatings and resins contained in the laminate, something that would destroy the regular blade edges.
MantisTol 13 best saw to cut laminate flooring is built with a thicken 5/8 inches and13 inches longing cutting capacity. It has a low level of noise which enables the operator to work whenever they like. If airborne dust is a significant concern, the cutter is a noise-free tool.
This tool works very well and it is wonderful to execute laminate flooring, particularly in the area where dust is their big problem and in old houses.
- This is a dust-free system.
- It’s an easy-to-use, noisy-free tool.
- It is durable and perfect for cutting different materials.
- It is crafted with a long-lasting sharp blade of steel.
- It has a relatively weak deck
- It’s costly
If you are searching for a heavy-duty laminate floor cutter and the budget is not an issue, then you should find MantisTol 13. Due to its sturdiness and durability, it tackles both the hardest and thickest materials.
- For Laminate, Multi-Floor, Bamboo flooring, Parquet, solid wood, Deck-Floor-Boards, fiber-cement siding, rubber cove base,...
- Sturdy high-quality steel and Heavy duty aluminum construction. 4 mm thick tungsten steel sharp blade, included a 600 Grit...
- If you use it for business purposes, make sure you have a replacement blade. The general floor width is 8 inches, and only...
- 37-1/4" Handle for increased leverage with less effort. No electricity, no dust, quick, quiet and Easy to use. Item Weight...
3. Skil 3601-02 – Wood Floor Saw
SKIL 3601-02 Wood Floor Saw is our best choice for the money. It is power by electricity rather than that of manual tools, that require physical and human capacity to function. It’s a very flexible saw, so it helps you to make cuts, crosses, miters. This enables the operator to achieve the accurate cuts he/she is searching for doing flooring process irrespective of the piece situation either to be formed oddly to match or not. It is built with a rip fence and aluminum miter that enable the tools to be holding well which also guarantees it lasts a long duration.
Remember that Skill 3601-02 wood floor saw is a great floor device, but it requires the owners/operator to seek or gain little knowledge on how to safely use the device for various tasks. When you are working at home, know that your neighbor will be annoyed, and you will have to clean up a lot after using it.
- It is an electrical power-based device.
- It is durable and strong to cut different materials.
- It’s Versatile.
- It requires training for effective operation.
- It’s too loud.
- It’s dusty.
The SKIL 3601-02 wood floor saw is a true breakthrough since it is one of the first truly portable table and miter saws. It has several benefits that can make up for some demerit. SKIL 3601-02 is an excellent choice for you only if a great tool is what you need or looking for.
- Cuts solid, engineered and laminate flooring with ease
- Makes cross, miter and rip cuts
- Lightweight design for transport and use at any project location
- Miter detents at 0, 22.5 and 45 degrees
4. Norske Tools – Cutting Laminated
Norske laminate cutting tool is a suitable device when searching for laminate floor tools that are powerful handle various laminate flooring long and thick then you should go for this device. This tool can be used to cut several materials, such as plastic, wood, and cement fiber. The cutter comes with impressive features, such as a table miter scale for cuts of o to 45 degrees, standard steel and aluminum construction, extended handle, high-speed steel blade, among others.
It is a durable laminate tool that is made of high-quality steel and aluminum materials. The tool design with a long handle that significantly improves versatility. It decreases effort and increases efficiency. The cutter does not need electricity to be used. This tool allows the hobbyist to engage in any task anytime they wish.
It’s one of the best multipurpose options. If you are going to break other materials away from the laminate base, find this cutter. Norske Tools designed with a high steel blade; which allows people to make different cuts within the cutting angle range of 0 to 45. It’s a compact cutter that weighs 15.8 pounds.
- It is portable, robust, and lightweight.
- It’s a dust-free tool.
- It is suitable for use against wall end cuts.
- It has a good grip handle.
- It has a strong planar steel frame.
- It does not guarantee an accurate cut.
- More effort is required compared to other resources.
Norske Tools is a perfect cutter for cutting various materials. It’s an ideal tool to buy because it comes with many advantages. It is suitable for various cutting tasks with a friendly budget.
- Product Type : Tools
- Cuts A Variety Of Material, Including Laminate Flooring, Fiber Cement Board (Hardieplank , Cemplank ), Engineered Wood And...
- Compact And Easy To Use; Produces Clean, Precision Cuts With No Splintering And Smooth Finish
- Sturdy High-Quality Steel And Aluminum Construction
5. EAB Tool Exchange – Vinyl Floor Cutting Tools
The EAB Tool Exchange vinyl floor cutting tool is a manual operation and a 9-inch length device. Nevertheless, there are a variety of different aesthetic choices in this model that make it less attractive. This tool is built with an angle gauge that makes it superb among other manual laminate flooring tools that enable the operator to perform curves cut on the floor.
Nevertheless, this model lacks a complete stabilizer plate. This means that you won’t be able to keep your floor stable when you cut, mainly when you cut the angle. This also has issues with quality management, which means you can’t expect it to last as long as other versions do. You can’t expect flawless cuts on any content, either, as this model is prone to the same chipping problems, you’ll find on most of the manual floor cutters. Although these are significant factors, the price of this model is very small, so you end up with a good market value. If you have a limited budget to tackle small tasks, then chosen this product is the right choice.
- It’s a manual process tool.
- It’s cost-effective.
- It has an angle gauge.
- This is not ideal for a big project.
- It doesn’t have a complete stabilization board.
- It has issues with quality control.
To those who want a dust-free workplace environment, the EAB Tool Exchange of vinyl floor cutting tools would not be an unfortunate choice. This specific device, though, maybe too hard to handle and can involve a certain amount of strength. If this is not a problem, consider getting it, as it has many other advantages.
- BONUS installation Kit and double-sided honing stone included! Designed to cut laminate, solid wood and engineered flooring...
- Designed to cut laminate, vinyl, solid wood and engineered flooring up to 15mm (5/8"). will also cut fiber cement siding such...
- Country of origin : China
- Angle gauge allows for cuts up to 45 degrees
6. Bullet Tools 13 – Skil Laminate Saw
The Bullet Tools 13 skillful laminate saw device is a weighed cutter tool that might be used to engage in various laminate cutting. You won’t be dealing with electric cables and clutter while using this tool, so you’ll have a clean workplace.
This laminate wood cutter weighs 38.7 pounds and, unlike smaller Bullet Tools versions, is not ready for use. The assembly is effortless, however, and it takes you less time. This tool is also a bit costly, but given its power, you’ll find that it’s worth the money for sure. The guarantee length is five years and you can be sure that the Bullet Tool 13 will serve you well for a long period of time.
- It is easy to couple the device.
- It is robust and made with a high-quality design
- It has an outstanding cutting capability.
- It is a powerful tool
- The blade is not as good as it should be.
- It’s costly
If you’re buying the Bullet Tools 13 skillful laminate saw, know that you’re going to end up with a durable, reliable device that’s going to be a real time-saving machine. We think the biggest thing that can come between you and this tool would be the price. Because its price is high and it’s definitely worth it due to its versatility.
- The Bullet by MARSHALLTOWN EZ series flooring shears are the ideal lightweight solution for professional flooring installers...
- With sizes ranging from 9" to 26”, this flooring shear can cut a wide variety of flooring materials up to 5/8” thick,...
- Features precision machined black, high-density polymer table, a moveable fence for 45 degree angle cuts, and metal-jacketed...
- Bullet by MARSHALLTOWN EZ Shear flooring shears are Made in the USA with Global Materials and come with a 1-year warranty.
7. Roberts 10-94 – Laminate Flooring Blade
The Roberts 10-94 Laminate Flooring Blade is a closure by compartment cutting tool that was designed to make accurate edge cuts on all forms of laminate materials. This tool built with a wide table that will assist the tool longboards. Around the same time, its extendable handle can provide additional leverage for stronger cutting strength.
The way this Laminate Flooring Blade works is that its cutting guide smoothly rotates and locks in place for fast and fast angle cuts. It is easy to accurate square cuts due to its fully adjustable. It has an extruded aluminum foundation with a dense, durable plastic coating with a capacity of 13 by 5/8 inches.
- It is built to deal with various flooring materials.
- It is built with the ability to cut large boards and frames.
- This has the potential to cut a range of materials with precise and correct angles.
- It’s got an adjustable handle.
- It’s a perfect tool for homeowner use.
- It is not appropriate for technical use.
- It’s a heavier weight.
- It’s hard to combine, more time-consuming.
- The replacement blades are costly.
The Roberts 10-94 Laminate Flooring Blade is a useful cutter. It has some excellent features, but it also has some disadvantages that might result in some limitations during the project. It’s not ideal for professional use, but it can be useful for those who need it for their own needs.
- Guillotine-style cutter cuts up to 13” wide and 5/8″ (16mm) thick
- Extruded aluminum base with solid plastic surface as a comfortable working area
- Long handle provides extra leverage for more cutting power with less effort
- Movable guide allows 45 degree angle cuts
How To Cut Laminate Without Chipping?
Designate your cutline first, then gently mark both sides with a utility knife.
After that, the next step position tools to cut off 1/4 through one laminate sheet. Here, you don’t cut the piece as long as you build a clean edge in one hand. Many chips are generated by the contact of teeth which are not actively deriving products. By cutting one side at a time, most of the tears are stopped.
Switch the saw off, and bring the bit back behind the saw. And, if you engage a circular saw, arrange the saw to the exact location. Lifting the razor’s cut thickness to 1 above that of the top layer and cutting the edge. Because the blade is much deeper, you’ll want to be especially vigilant with kickback. This is how the handy cross-cut sled becomes easy. This approach can make 99 percent flawless cuts, with no special laminate blade needed.
How To Cut Laminate Wood Flooring?
The laminate floor has a plate board and the outer layer is typically made of sturdy plastic. This comprises the chips easily so that the flooring boards have to be cut deliberately. A simple strategy will enable you to prevent splitters during straight cutting and further works well for rounded cutting and undercutting.
The cut lines at the rear of the board should be measured and labeled when a straight cross or circular saw is required and cut off from the bottom. The blade hits the undercarriage of the wood and leaves sideways, and as it happens it breaks. You get fewer chips on the surface for the same idea by aiming the laminate boards down a table-saw, when the blade first hits this side of the board.
Curved Cuts And Notches
A mutual screw, including a puzzle, causes equal harm to both sides of the workpiece so that rounded cutting and cutting pegs are not necessary. Otherwise, wrapping the sticky tape across the grinding line is the most convenient way to avoid chipping, to mark, and cut the strip on the strip. You have a clean, streak-free side when you cut the ribbon.
Factor To Consider When Buying Saw For Cutting Laminate Flooring
There are a few features to consider when planning to get the right saw for cutting laminate flooring. Laminate flooring is a very durable material due to its toughness. Although any form of the saw (table, circle, jigsaw, etc.) might be adopted to engage in cutting board. That side another great factor that can a significant difference is the blade.
The number one feature to consider is to use as many teeth as possible. Based on the size of the saw, the tooth count may be over 100. A 100-teeth- or higher-peg blade will lead to a clear, crew cut through jagging edges.
An inferior blade can compromise the functionality of a cutter. Don’t waste your time with a poorly designed product that is likely to crumble from repeated use.
The crucial question now is which kind of saw works best? Anyway, deciding the tools that work best will depend on the actual task you want to use the tool for. Despite this, a table saw or circular saw works well for straight cuts, you’ll want to use a jigsaw for any unusual cuts around pipes or door jams. You’re going to have more power and changing positions to execute these difficult tasks with a more compact saw.
Some floor cutters can require an extra length to cut through some materials. Having an extended handle makes this process much simpler by providing more power. This could be a significant energy saver for those larger workers!
There many accessories built to use when engaging in laminate flooring tasks, apart from the saws. These look like a paper cutter, except for laminate flooring. Flooring cutters are fantastic time and energy savers for several or larger projects, but they might not be worth the investment if you’re doing a smaller DIY.
Our best saw for cutting laminate flooring model is the 9-inch Bullet Tools. It was selected based on its large size, the blade that can be remodeled, and the wide range of supported floors. MantisTol 13 is cheaper than the first model and cuts multiple forms of flooring, but has inconsistent cuts. The SKIL 3601-02 parquet saw is the best value for money on this list. It is an electric saw that cuts the material efficiently and can also make cuts. The EAB Tool Exchange vinyl flooring cutting tool has angular indicators and it is budget-friendly, but the lack of a complete stabilization plate and poor warranty make it to the position at fifth place on this list.
We believe this review and buying guide will assists you in selecting the right tool to carry out your laminate flooring task.
- Best Portable Table Saw For Fine Woodworking Guide
- Best Cabinet Saw
- Best Metal Cutting Saw
- Best Backpacking Saw
- Best Wet Tile Saw Under $300
- Best Japanese Saw
- Best Radial Arm Saw
- Best Saw For Cutting Tree Branches
- Best Camping Saw
- Best Dovetail Saw
- Best Metal Chop Saw
- Best Bow Saw
- Best Scroll Saw Blades
- Best Wet Tile Saw
- Best Worm Drive Saw
- Best Folding Saw
- Best Jig Saw
- Best Coping Saw
- Best Pruning Saw
- Best Circular Saw Blade Guide
- Best Hand Saw Guide
- Best Compact Circular Saw Guide
- Best Miter Saw Blade Guide
- Best Cordless Pole Saw Guide