Disclaimer: None of our reviews are sponsored. We earn a commission when you purchase items through our links.
The best thing about good Pancake Air Compressor is that they are compact and light in weight. They’re wonderful and elegant, simple to use, and suitable for professional use.
If you need to handle basic household tasks or commercial projects, the pancake compressor comes in very handy.
These pancake compressors vary in design, characteristics, and functions, so if you’re not familiar with these devices, you may be confused.
Here’s how to easily say the difference between different brands offering the best pancake compressors. Without further wasting any time, let’s go and look for some details from various perspectives and angles about the best pancake air compressors.
Table of Contents
Our Favorite Picks
|01.||PORTER-CABLE||31.2 Ibs||4.8||Check Current Price|
|02.||Hitachi KNT50AB||47 Ibs||4.6||Check Current Price|
|03.||Ridgid 6 Gallon||35 Ibs||4.6||Check Current Price|
|04.||BOSTITCH||31 Ibs||4.5||Check Current Price|
|05.||DEWALT||32.1 Ibs||4.4||Check Current Price|
|06.||Campbell Hausfeld||62 Ibs||4.2||Check Current Price|
|07.||Hausfeld FP2028||14.7 Ibs||4.0||Check Current Price|
The 7 Best Pancake Air Compressor
1. Porter-Cable – Best Pancake Compressor
Porter-Cable C2002 air compressor is made more flexible by the 6-gallon, it is this gallon size that makes it perfect for DIYs, homeowners, and small carpentry workers. It has a regular default scale. It is a compact, and the strongest nail gun power tool.
The compressor can be used with a small spray in the case of an emergency, especially if this is the only available spray gun. It has an ignition pressure of approximately 120 PSI, and a turn-off pressure of approximately 150 PSI, giving 30 PSI.
This power is well balanced due to its pancake gallon form. Beneath the tank, the rubber support legs keep it securely on the deck. The ball drain valve underneath the tank releases excessive concentrated moisture easily and precisely.
- Built with strong and high-quality materials
- Light in weight and Not bulky
- Versatile SCFM with quick compressor refill feature
- Water drain valve and rubber feet
- Suitable and easy to use for weather
- Low 120V amp
The Porter-Cable C2002 is a great option if you are searching for a lightweight, high quality, and best pancake air compressor. But it would be best if you considered the cons of these power tools before validate your decisions on them.
- 150 psi max tank pressure of the portable air compressor allows more air in the tank for longer tool runtimes
- 2.6 SCFM @ 90 psi of the electric air compressor allows for quick compressor recovery time, per ISO1217
- 6 gal Pancake style tank of the PORTER-CABLE air compressor is made for stability, includes water drain valve and rubber feet
- Low Amp 120V motor of the 6 gallon air compressor starts easily in cold weather or with extension cord
2. Hitachi KNT50AB – Great Pancake Air Tank
The combination kit Hitachi KNT50AB is regarded as the most common 6-gallon air compressor on the market. With really positive reviews, it is one of the highest-rated on Amazon. The compressors and nails supplied along with Hitachi are of the highest quality.
This air compressor has a 6-gallon capacity EC710S compressor. It comes with a 12-volt motor providing outputs of 150 PSI.
This compressor is an oil-free pancake type but is quieter than other models of its category. It weighs around 47 lbs and is easy to transfer from one position to another. So, if you are looking for a budget-friendly best pancake air compressor, then Hitachi KNT5AB is the best you can find.
- Well balanced for easy maneuverability
- Reliable and durable for outstanding performance
- Has heavy-duty bend restrictors
- Safety packages also included
- Budget-friendly power tool
- Non-durable on/off
Hitachi KNT50AB is an excellent air compressor with great features to simplify all working activities. This budget-friendly air tool is one of the best you can find available in the market with great Amazon positive reviews.
- Hitachi Power Tools has renamed to Metabo HPT. Same great tools, with only a new name.
- Kit includes the popular NT50AE2 2" 18-Gauge Brad Nailer that is lightweight and well-balanced for easy maneuverability
- Kit includes the EC710S 6-Gallon Oil-Free Pancake Compressor that delivers reliable and rugged performance and can operate...
- Kit includes a lightweight 25' x 1/4" Hybrid Air Hose that includes industrial fittings, is spiral reinforced for durability,...
3. Ridgid 6 Gallon – Excellent Pancake Air Compressor Harbor Freight
A rigid 6-gallon air compressor was made of the best materials, and it can offer great portability with outstanding efficiency. While on the market Ridgid is a relatively new brand, it is well worth it.
This air compressor was provided with a 3-year manufacturer warranty in addition to the high-quality products so that you can be confident about your order. The locking regulator can also prevent any changes in unintended strain, your protection.
Although, this air compressor does not cost. So if you don’t want to spend a lot of money on a pancake compressor, this power tool isn’t your option. Aside from the non-cost effective issues, this power tool was made of high quality, and it is durable to last for an extended period.
- Compact and lightweight
- Made of durable and high-quality materials
- Suitable for running several tools
- Excellent 3-year manufacturer warranty
- Superb protection feature
- Not ideal for low budget enthusiastic
This beautiful air compressor is a great tool that was made of durable and high-quality materials. This power tool was bestowed with an extended manufacturer warranty. This tool is one of the most secure and reliable best pancakes on this list.
- This refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality...
4. Bostitch – Best Portable Pancake Air Compressor
The 31 Ibs BOSTITCH BTFP02012 pancake compressor is a great tool that generates a sound level of 78.5 dBA for less noise in the work area. The majority of air compressor users find it to be useful to deliver 150 PSI max and 2.6 SCFM promised at 90 PSI but also bear in mind that it can be difficult to change the pressure to lower levels.
The pump is designed for long service life and does not require oil or maintenance. The high-flow regulator and fittings are designed to optimize the efficiency of air tools with two interchangeable fittings that accommodate two users easily. Seals are placed in the changing tube to prevent rotation, and the bracket cover can be removed to allow quick control repair.
This 6-gallon pancake compressor is a perfect choice for those that are looking for an air compressor that’s well built and robust.
The users of this tool usually rate it as a good purchase. They’re impressed with the quick charging and quick launch of up to 150 PSI. Users say it’s easy to hold and with regular usage holds pressure pretty strong.
One user says it’s much quieter than other compressors because of its size. On the other hand, some users say the power cord can be a little longer, and the dial button doesn’t respond as quickly as they want.
- Easy to use and operate
- High flow regulator
- Low noise level
- Excellent and high-efficiency motor
- The switch button isn’t durable
- The power cord is short
A nice little pancake compressor that should be own on-site or at home is BOSTITCH BTFP02012. This will serve you well and long till the tool reach its peak before it gets to slows down. If you keep the operation rate with average tool capacity, it will be reliable, compact, and silent enough to compete well with other products of this kind.
- The portable air compressor has a long-life oil-free, maintenance-free pump for convenient use
- 150 max PSI 6.0 gallon tank (22.7 L) and 2.6 SCFM* delivered @ 90 PSI pump enable long tool run time with quick recovery of...
- BOSTITCH high efficiency motor of the 6 gallon air compressor is made for easy start up in cold weather or extension cord...
- 78.5 dBA** operational noise level for a quiet work environment
5. Dewalt – Good 120V Pancake Air Compressor
The DeWalt DWFP55126 pancake compressor with 6 gallons is excellent with great output for the professional device for difficult work environments.
DeWalt should serve alongside the best as regards technical skills. It has a mean pressure of 165 PSI at 90 PSI, with a recovery of 2.6 SCFM. The high-efficiency electric motor (10 amp) is suitable for more extended extension cord operation. This is an oil-free air pancake compressor, with the great advantages of low maintenance.
For multiple users, it has two fast couplings and a simple ball valve with an outstanding carrying handle. This air compressor DeWalt DWFP55126 weighs just 32.1 Ibs. You will greatly like the solid rubber feet that minimize friction, and it was designed to last in DeWalt style. It is not a very quiet unit, with a nominal noise level of 75.5 dBA. But in air compressors, that’s not so noisy.
Both professionals and DIY enthusiasts have trusted DeWalt with the highest degree of credibility as the brand. This alone will make the DeWalt air pancake compressor DWFP55126 the first option for many. While the warranty is not as good as most other DeWalt tools. With others, you have a lifetime warranty on most. But this model is extended only for 1 year, instead of the standard 3-year warranty. You also get the regular 90-day money-back guarantee from DeWalt and a 1-year free service package.
- Suitable to use in all environment
- High flow regulator and couplers
- Compact and lightweight
- Long-life oil-free pump for free maintenance
- Excellent manufacturer offers of warranty and guarantee
The Dewalt 6 gallon makes it a challenge for other air compressors of its range. Even if two compressed air tools are connected, the job can be hammered in and finished quickly. Its quiet activity enables continuous use without disrupting neighbors on-site or at home. Combine that with low maintenance and full quality assurance from the maker, and it’s the ideal buy for home and construction site use.
- 165 max PSI 6.0 gallon tank (22.7 L) and 2.6 SCFM delivered @ 90 PSI pump, enable long tool run time with quick recovery for...
- High efficiency motor of the electric air compressor is made for easy start up in cold weather or extension cord application....
- 78.5 dBA noise level of the 6 gallon air compressor is made for a quiet work environment
- High flow regulator and couplers of DEWALT portable air compressor are designed to maximize air tool performance
6. Campbell Hausfeld – Quality Electric Pancake Air Compressor For Tires
Campbell Hausfeld as a company is best known for providing compressors to heavy-duty tasks, but it is not suitable for the building industry. However, this doesn’t stop the power tool from offering great work.
What makes this oil-free air compressor so special is that it is one of the quietest compressors on the market and is just 68 dBA loud. This makes it safe to use for indoor activities, with people, and not only on the construction site. Suppose you’re renovating your home or workplace. In that case, the compressor will be suitable for such a task, as it will affect or bother any of your clients with its less noise level. This air tool features a dual-piston that was designed to help minimize wear on the pump.
In other parameters, this model is significantly lower than some others, with just 125 PSI maximum pressure and 2.4 CFM flow rate. Though this is seeming close to some model that has 150 PSI and at 125 PSI you’re set to execute a range of work. Another setback for this air compressor is that the tool was designed with a single port which means, you can connect two devices with it.
- Powerful and reliable with 125 PSI
- Oil-free and maintenance-free
- Quietest and long durability
- Great design, soft grip steel handle
- Not budget-friendly
- Low PSI of 125
- Not suitable for multiple device usage at a time
- Features single port connectivity
This is a high-quality compressor that provides plenty of power for easy home use, making it the best option thanks to its ease of use, minimal maintenance requirements, and improved performance with quiet 68 decibels operation that make it suitable for several activities.
This is a very quiet pancake air compressor that still produces much energy. If you’re concerned about noise from a compressor, the DC060500 is an excellent option. Campbell Hausfeld DC060500 has great customer rating feedback.
- Greatly reduced noise: 68 decibel rating allows the user to run compressor in home environments
- Max 125 PSI
- Oil-free, maintenance free pump
- The conveniently placed gauges and regulator allow for easy monitoring of tank and line pressure
7. Hausfeld FP2028 – Best Pancake Style Air Compressor
This pancake compressor from Campbell Hausfeld FP2028 is built to be position at a place but it is also easily transportable from one place to the other. It can run on 120 power voltage, and the engine supplies around 1 hp, making it particularly suitable for small businesses. It comes with a one-year warranty that covers replacement parts for equipment, even if the compressor has a problem. It offers a maximum of 100 PSI, ideal for the consolidation and inflation of projects.
It features a robust grip that makes transport the tool from one location to another fast. It also features a rubber plug on the feet to ensure the ground on which it is mounted is not damaged by it. To ensure instrument stability. This compressor is much smaller than most regular air pancake compressors, making it suitable in tight spaces for fast movement and storage.
It comes with a 25-foot bounce hose which makes working on a larger surface easier without constantly raising and moving the compressor from place to place. This is a 1-liter oil-free tool, making it more suitable for those who rarely need it and with a minimal budget for small projects.
- Oil-free DIY power tools
- Portable and Lightweight
- Easy to use and maintain
- Suitable for Light tasks
- Easy to move from one place to another
- Low gallon Capacity
- Not ideal for heavy task duty
- Has a low PSI
Hausfeld FP2028 is an ideal tool for a range of DIYs and light work. This lightweight power tool is durable and easy to move from one place to another. It is also powerful and offers excellent 110 PSI to a range of devices.
- Operates on 120-volt household current. 110 Max PSI, 0.36 CFM @ 90 PSI to tackle your DIY needs
- A conveniently placed gauge allows at-a-glance air-pressure monitoring. Oilless pump means maintenance-free ownership for a...
- Includes 25-foot recoil hose, needle, needle adapter, 2 inflator nozzles, air chuck, plus on-board storage to keep all the...
- Lightweight pancake design (under 13 pounds) and sturdy handle makes it easy and comfortable to carry
Pancake vs hot dog compressor which one is better?
A pancake air compressor is ideal for inflating a job, so, if you are searching for the right air compressor to boost tasks pancake is suitable. The hotdog air compressor is also more robust and reliable for some projects. A pancake compressor is much more lightweight and is not ideal for long-term use. While the hotdog compressor isn’t light but portable and has a bigger compressor than the pancake type, this makes it suitable for long-term use.
If you’re searching for a new pancake compressor, you’re maybe wondering about the process to take to find the model that best fits your needs. If you are in a fast or random check, you will discover that there are several pancake air compressors on the market, and to identify the best among numerous is not easy to get. Since many people do not know where to start, they buy only the first pancake compressor they see. Moving down that path comes with several needless risks, like buying a tool that is not suitable to do what you need it for. Some features need to be considered before buying any pancake compressor. Firstly, you need to set your target before distinguish between one another tools. Secondly, determine your budget to avoid choosing any power tools that are out of your affordability range. Other necessary factors will be discussed below.
The ideal pancake compressor should be provided with a tank drain so that the accumulated moisture can be drained when the pressure is released. The drainage system should be in a conveniently accessible location towards the compressor rim, thereby promoting drainage.
Tank size is very important. Although, a pancake air compressor is made with a different tank size. The bigger the tank, the more it will be able to intake air and the longer it will be last. Thus you have the option to use a switch to be more precise with a more prominent tank.
If you have a more compact tank, then when the engine starts, the pressure will drop. But if you want to use an air compressor for continuous air pressure for an extended time, a larger tank is the best option.
The compressor’s weight essentially determines how easy the tool can be move, but other factors may also affect the portability of the power tool, despite its lightweight. For example, it can be difficult to move a large or bulky compressor, and you may need to position it in a single place.
Like other power tools that don’t have a handle and you have to lift it with both hands. Built with wide wheels and a long handle, the tool often makes it easy to transport from one place to another with minimal effort.
The most critical thing to think about first is the compressor pressure rating. Different pneumatic instruments operate with differing pressure values. You will see here that the DeWalt DWFP55126 has the greatest pressure generating capability of 165 PSI. Thus it will be compatible with most tools of the middle class.
If you’re going to use a tool for some indoor activities, a quieter unit will be suitable, since it’s easier to use. Most portable air compressors have different noise levels that are a range between 60 to 80 decibels. The decibel scale is very different since a 10 decibel rise will mean the tool becomes twice as noisy.
A tool with 70 decibels, for example, is twice as noisy as a 60-decibel tool. A device with 80 decibels could be 3 times louder. Each slight decrease in the decibel helps to make the sound level of the instrument a little more appropriate.
When choosing the best pancake air tools, ensure that any tool you will purchase comes with a regulator that you can trust. This system prevents you from exercising the task using more air pressure than is required. A stable regulator saves money; it also offers a degree of protection by reducing air pressure. Getting an air compressor with no regulator can lead to overinflating of tires and other objects which require air.
When this occurs, the object will explode and cause damage, resulting in many being injured. When you know the dinghy can handle high pressure, you can change the regulator, so it doesn’t hurt. No matter how cautious you are, you can not always take every issue into account, and the extra way to protect yourself and others is a wise choice.
Compressors made from pancakes are lightweight and compact. They’re oil-free air compressors, which means the oil doesn’t spill. They don’t need a lot of maintenance, and the design is simple. All you need to do is run it, and attach it to different air tools to get the job done perfectly, depending on the task. To understand the specifications and features, you should look at each tool summary and as well as this guide before buying any of the best pancake air compressors reviewed above. You should choose the one which best suits your work, based on the requirements of your work.