Disclaimer: None of our reviews are sponsored. We earn a commission when you purchase items through our links.
Are you looking for a good cordless reciprocating saw that will greatly useful for any woodwork at home and workspace? A potent reciprocating tool is an indispensable resource for homeowners and woodworkers to tackle any project.
The cordless reciprocating saw was built with versatility features that enable the owner to use it at a different place due to its portability and easy mobility nature.
The majority of DIYer lovers prefer a reciprocating saw most especially the cordless model with an extended battery span that enables them to works extra hours.
This tool designs to tackle any materials that make favorites for the plumber, electrician, etc. The best cordless saw is designed in a compact and lightweight form with a powerful motor and durable materials.
There is several cordless reciprocating saw in the market but all these tools are great tools. Below are the 7 best cordless reciprocating saws.
Our Favorite Picks
|DEWALT 20V Max
|KIMO 20V 4.0||
|Makita XRJ05Z 18V||
The 7 Best Cordless Reciprocating Saw
1. Milwaukee 2720-20 – Best Cordless Sawzall
This Milwaukee best cordless Sawzall 2720-20 is a reciprocating saw that was for fast cutting of 3,000 SPM that enables the operators to cut and execute their projects with ease.
Milwaukee 2720-20 was designed in 5.8 x 17 x 3 inches with High-carbon steel materials. It is a cordless device that was powered with 1 Lithium-ion battery that will generate 18 volts.
This is a great device with its REDLINK PLUS Intel that rather high performance which also prevents the tool from overloading, overheating, and over-discharging.
The POWERSTATE of this cordless Sawzall is a brushless motor that offers the tool to get stable power supplies through an 18-volt Lithium-ion battery to strengthen the performance of the tools.
Milwaukee is designed with several features that made the tools to be the choice of most DIYers such as adjustable shoes at the end, onboard LED illuminates, Patented gear protection clutch, etc.
Not only that but this Sawzall cordless tool can also be used to cut a 7-inch thickness tree with a pruning saw. It produces less noise despite its 18 voltage and high-performance output.
- Fast cutting with 3,000 SPM
- Patent Gear Protect Clutch
- Fast Charging and Optimize Performance
- Durable and Heat reduction
- Adjustable shoe at the end
- Bare tool
- Heavy duty
This tool made from Milwaukee 2720-20 best cordless Sawzall was designed with high-quality materials that allow DIYers lovers to work conveniently. It is a cordless tool that can be easily moved around.
- Delivers faster than corded cutting speed and the durability of a corded saw
- POWERSTATE Brushless Motor: Supplies constant power for faster cuts and reduced heat for extended life
- REDLINK PLUS Intelligence: Provides optimized performance and overload protection using total system communication between tool, battery and charger
- REDLITHIUM XC 4.0 Battery Pack: Provides superior pack construction, more work per charge and more work over the life of the pack than competitive batteries
2. Dewalt 20v Max – Battery Powered Sawzall
DeWalt as a manufacturer is well known when it comes to durable and high-quality power tools for woodwork. The Dewalt 20V Max reciprocating saw was design in moderate size and it is lightweight as it weighs 5.4 Ibs.
This battery-powered Sawzall is built with high quality and durable materials. It has a faster variable cutting speed with a 1 1/8 stroke length that generates 0 – 2,900 strokes per minute.
This tool is fast and efficient with its pivoting shoe that enables additional versatility of the device when in use. It is built with various great features such as keyless, bright LED light illuminates, lever-action 4 position blade clamp.
With those features, Dewalt can be used in a dark area while its 4 position blade clamp enables the DIYers to control the tool easily in 4 directions for different applications.
One of the setbacks for this tool is that both battery and charger are sold separately. Although the device has a 3-year limited manufacturer warranty.
- Fast and Efficient
- Powerful and recommended for tough material
- Durable with 20 volts and 4 position blade clamp
- Compact and Lightweight design
- 3 year limited manufacturer’s warranty.
- Blade and Charger are sold Separately
- Noisy and Vibration
- Gloves are needed
DeWalt 20 Max is great tool produce by a well-known brand for high quality and durability. This tool allows you to hold the material in one hand and slice the other fast and accurately.
It is worth the saving in time and work.
- With the compact and lightweight design, 14-inch in total length of DEWALT 20V reciprocating saw fits between studs and allows user to make cuts in confined spaces
- 4-position blade clamp allows for flush cutting and increased positional versatility with tool-free blade changes
- 1-1/8-inch stroke length delivers fast cutting speed
- Variable-speed trigger with 0-2,900 spm provides blade control for precision cuts
3. KIMO 20V 4.0 – Small Reciprocating Saws
KIMO was founded around the 90s that are well known for various power tools designs, manufacturers, and sellers of Lithium-Ion Device. DIYers lover prefers the KIMO power tool due to their compact design and versatility of their tools. The majority of KIMO power tools are designed to be powered by a single Lithium-Ion Technology battery system.
KIMO 20V 4.0 is versatile compactable reciprocating saws with easy mobility and usage within a limited area. This device fast and efficient despite its cordless nature. This brand was designed to be powered by 4.0Ah Lithium-Ion Battery which enables the motor to get the job done at 2.5x.
It is portable with 14 inches and 3.7Ibs and lightweight in design, this tool generates 3000 spm of variable speed trigger with 1 stroke length. This versatility device is compactable with any T-shaped blade. It is suitable for both light construction and demolition work with easy quick blade change settings.
KIMO is built with an anti-vibration handle that will prevent the DIYer from getting tired when cutting. This does not require any setup/computation it requires only a twist and inserts blade and tools are ready for use.
- Lightweight Design and Versatility
- Quick and Easy Blade Change Mechanism
- Powerful with 4.0Ah
- Lock Switch and Patented Cooling System
- Fast Charging and long-lasting Battery
- 1 limited Warranty
- Not Cost-effective
KIMO 4.0 is a great product, portable, light at hand, and powerful with an easy blade changing mechanism.
Its weight and portable make it useful and easy to operate when cutting.
- 【Cordless & Connected-Ready Power】Cords always discomfit your project when you are far away from the power outlet, or working in tight space. Going cordless is definitely a smart choice. With KIMO...
- 【Brushless Motor for Enhanced Performance】Prolonging the runtime 2.5x and extending service life, KIMO BRUSHLESS MOTOR beats the market. Utilizing a best in class 1 in. stroke length to deliver...
- 【Tool Free Blade Change & Cutting So Many Materials】The reciprocating saw kit comes with 6 pieces 6 in. & 9 in. 5TPI blades for wood and 2 pieces 18TPI blades for metal to meet you any cutting...
- 【Lightweight but Less Vibration】20% lighter than the most reciprocating saws in the market, you can maneuver easier, and work longer with fewer fatigue. Compact size makes it ideal for work in...
4. Black+Decker – Rechargeable Reciprocating Saw
BLACK DECKER is potent with 20V that is powered by Lithium Battery. This device has an electric brake to support control and guide the operator against any kickback. Its nominal voltage produces a variable speed trigger that enables a quick and precise cut of 3000 speed per minute and 7/8 stroke length. It is simple and easy to use with a well-constructed pruning saw.
BLACK+DECKER has a modest price with tool-free blade changes and its adjustable pivoting shoe strength its convenient usage. This model beat many DIYer lover expectations while making pruning tree limbs a breeze. The battery charge lasts more than an adequate duration you might needs.
This tool delivers great performance and value. And it is one of those tools that makes DIYer smile and feel extra smart. Unlike DEWALT 20V Max these tools come with a 20 Voltage Max Lithium Battery and charger with a 2-year limited warranty.
- Versatile and Lightweight
- Cost-Effective and Easy Usage
- 20V Max Lithium Battery
- 3000 spm Generated
- 2 Year limited warranty
- Battery Issues
- Low Stroke Length
BLACK+DECKER is a rechargeable reciprocating saw with 20V Lithium-Ion Battery. This tool is easy to use with an accurate cutting mechanism. It is lightweight, durable, flexible, tool-free blade change, etc.
- Cordless reciprocating saw features tool-free blade change
- Pivoting shoe for increased control
- Part of BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX* System
5. Porter-Cable 20v – Cheap Cordless Sawzall
Porter-Cable cordless battery saw is incredible, convenient, and versatile. This is a light weighted device with a compact design that enables users to use the device within a tight space.
Its 20V powered capacity with a tool-free blade allows that enables the tools for easy and accurate cutting. But it has an over-molded handle that allows for additional comfort usage.
This model is capable of handling various materials with pivoting shoes that stick to materials. It is powerful enough to cut off hardened steel bolts, and 6-inch diameter branches with no problem WITH the right blade.
This tool is designed to produce a high performance of delivery of 1 stroke length and a speed variable trigger of 3000spm.
This cheap cordless Sawzall is a bare tool with a battery sold separately. Nevertheless, it is durable, portable, easy to use.
- Versatility and Light weighed
- Easy and Accurate Cutting
- Molded Handle for Comfort
- Variable-speed trigger
- Not Suitable for Heavy Tasks
- Not Durable for Long Period
- Battery sold Separately
- Plastic Design
PORTER-CABLE 20V is the best option for those with a limited budget and in need of high performance, accurate cutting, most especially those that usually work at a tight angle.
The only setback for this tool is the battery that is sold separately as the tool is a bare tool.
- High performance drivetrain of cordless reciprocating saw delivers 1-inch stroke length and 0-3,000 SPM for aggressive cutting speed
- 14.5-inch in length. Compact design allows tool to reach tight spaces
- Tool Free Blade Release allows for quick and easy blade changes
- Variable-speed trigger provides more control for cutting a variety of materials
6. Bosch Bare-Tool – Brushless Reciprocating Saw
This brushless reciprocation saw Bosch Bare-Tool was built to run on 18 voltage Lithium-Ion batteries. This powerful voltage allows the Bosch to produce a twos speed range of 2400 spm and 2700 spm to tackle various applications. This feature allows the tools to handles various materials.
Bosch is sturdy with an impressive design of different features and advantages. It is efficient with high performance of delivers 1 1/8 stroke length and exclusive lockjaw holder for fast handed blade changes. This reciprocating saw is built for speed and efficiency despite its compact and lightweight size at only 7.6 Ibs, which provides the usage of the tool for a longer period within tight spaces.
This Bare Cordless tool also features a different speed trigger that enables the operator to use with conveniently without kickback. Its ergonomically designed handle with a soft handle area allows for a secure hold and overhead cutting with ease. Its in-built Electronic Cell Protection was arranged to guide the battery against fast discharge, overheating, etc.
- Efficient with 18 voltage
- 2400 and 2700 spm double speed
- Electronic Motor Protection (EMP) Included
- Lockjaw Blade Holder
- Versatility and Light weighted
- Tool and Battery are sold separately
- Nosy and Bulky
- Battery Issues
Bosch Bare-Tool is practically designed to tackle various heavy-duty cutting at both open and tight working areas. This is a great tool for professionals DIYer for ease cut, it is equipped with dual speed settings and Electronic Motor Protection to enable to last long and prevent it from overload.
- EFFICIENT: The Bosch CRS180B reciprocating saw delivers 1-1 8-inch stroke to remove more material per stroke. With a Bosch exclusive Lockjaw blade holder for fast one-handed blade changes, this...
- VERSATILE: With 2 included speed ranges, 0-2,400 SPM and 0-2,700 SPM, the reciprocating saw allows you to match the speed of the tool to the application. It easily handles multiple materials
- CONVENIENT: The cordless saw also features a variable speed trigger which allows the user to ease into the cut without any kickback. At only 7.6 lbs, the Bosch CRS180B is convenient for over-head...
- ERGONOMIC: The saw provides an ergonomically shaped handle with comfort zone in the soft-grip area for a secure hold and low user fatigue
7. Makita XRJ05Z 18v – Cordless Reciprocating Saw
Makita XRJ05Z cordless reciprocating saw is built with an 18 voltage battery with efficiency 2-speed brushless motor delivery of low and high at 0-2 300 and 0-3 3000spm respectively. It is compact and designs ergonomic at 17 1/4 long. It has a great 1 1/4 inch stroke length that increases cutting efficiency with a moderated crank mechanism design to reduces blade bent and noise reduction.
This tool weighs 8.6 Ibs excluding battery which makes it heavier compared to some other brands. Makita is well known for its high quality and durability when it comes to power tool production.
XRJ05Z is potent with an 18V motor but not as powerful as those tools powered with a 20V motor. Although, it has an electronically controlled BL brushless motor that conjoins torque and RPM to the application.
For faster blade change and installation, XRJ05Z features a Tool-less Blade change system for easy and more productivity.
For convenience and versatility features, XRJ05Z includes an LED light to crystalize the cutting line, Star Protection equipped tool, and battery exchange data to guide tools against fast discharging, overloading, and overheating.
- Compact and design with ergonomic
- 2 variable speed Brushless motor delivers
- Tool-less Blade Change Mechanism
- LED light for crystalizing cutting
- Star Protection Technology
- Battery Not Included
- Release Trigger and Pull require to get power
- Rubber Grip peeling off quick
- Adjustable lock mechanism is a little flimsy.
Makita XRJ05Z 18V is an overall best cordless reciprocating saw with great features and high performance that enable the owner to shift from one job to another with a lasting battery.
This tool is bestowed with an easy blade change mechanism, LED light, Star Protection features, and 2 variables for different DIYer tasks. As well as 3 years’ manufacturers’ limited warranty.
- Makita-built variable 2-speed Brushless motor delivers 0-2, 300 (low) & 0-3, 000 (high) strokes per minute and a 1-1/4" Stroke length for faster cutting
- "Tool-less" Blade change system allows for faster blade installation and removal for increased productivity
- Variable speed trigger for added convenience
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 17-1/4" Long
What Is The Difference Between A Sawzall And A Reciprocating Saw?
All Sawzalls are reciprocating saws, but not all reciprocating saws are Sawzalls. Sawzall is a brand name created by Milwaukee for its line of reciprocating saws. Other brands’ saws, such as Dewalt and Ryobi, are often referred to as Sawzalls the same way people call tissues Kleenex.
The only difference is that Sawzall is a trademark name of Milwaukee Tools. Other brands have other names. It was believed that Milwaukee was the first to come out with an idea and many people use the term generically to refer to any brand of reciprocating saw.
Sometimes they are referred to as bayonet saws as well.
You need one reciprocating saw if you’re doing demolition, along with blades for cutting through the material like wood or metal or even concrete. It’s a multi-use tool and a must-have for a contractor.
There are a number of factors to consider when buying a cordless reciprocating saw. Below is the key feature to note when choosing a reciprocating cordless saw.
When buying any tools, price plays a major as it will be determined by your budget. With our above listed reciprocating saw, one will discover that their price varies from the first product to the last one. Although a tool is costly does not show that such a tool is more durable and versatile than the other tools. Some devices were not costly but they great features than the costly ones.
Cordless reciprocating saw was the main source for their power through battery. Even though they derive the power through the battery, the different model requires different voltage to run the application. Although, it has been established that the higher the voltage the more the tool will perform when using most especially to tackle difficult materials.
When any tool, the most factor one should check and consider is its easy-to-use form. And when it comes to cordless reciprocating saw the mode at which the blade is installed will indicate if the tool was designed for easy usage. Majority of tool that has easy usage nature were designed with tool-free blade mechanism that enables easy blade changes.
Another factor you need to consider is the weight of the reciprocating saw. Checking the weight of the tool is essential. This will determine whether the operator can single to operate the tool or both hands. A lightweight and compact tool is a great one because this will the DIYer to use the tool in a tight space area. Although most of the cordless reciprocating saw were bulky due to their battery inclusion.
Variable speed and Strokes Per Minute
Variable speed is a feature worth noting on a tool, as it gives you insight into the speeding rate of the tool you are purchasing. There are some with a dual setting that allows the operator to control, and choose between different speeds. While SPM is mainly determining how fastest the tool is. SPM ranges from 0 – 3000 and the higher the SPM the faster the tool will be when cutting any materials.
We’ve come to the end of this review, and when it comes to choosing the best cordless reciprocating saw. All the listed and review models above are great tools with one and other significant features.
But a great cordless model must have long battery life that’s powerful enough to make quick work of any cut.
The cost doesn’t necessarily show the quality of the saw. The way the saw is designed for blade replacement determines if the tool is easy to use or not.
It is recommended to buy one that has a tool-free blade changing mechanism so that you can easily fit in a new blade after the old one is worn out. Many cost-efficient options have plenty of power and great features.
- Best Worm Drive Circular Saw Guide
- Best Jig Saw Guide
- Best Folding Saw Guide
- Best Circular Saw Blade Guide
- Best Hand Saw Guide
- Best Compact Circular Saw Guide
- Best Miter Saw Blade Guide
- Best Cordless Pole Saw Guide
- Best Air Reciprocating Saw Guide
- Best Corded Reciprocating Saw Guide
- Best Reciprocating Saw Blades Guide