Disclaimer: None of our reviews are sponsored. We earn a commission when you purchase items through our links.
Are you in need of a good budget circular saw to carry out various tasks? When it comes ripping a sheet of plywood or cutting of pillars to design a building, a circular saw is a useful tool to use. For most professional and beginner woodworkers, including DIYer enthusiast’s circular saw is the most comfortable saw to carried out such a task.
Most circular saws today have a tip of carbide, which means they can last longer. A blunt blade saw will work harder, more foam, and make the cut harder. The sharp blade helps the saw to work more effectively and cut uniformly.
In this guide 7 best budget circular saw will be well and adequately reviewed to assist in choosing a versatile and efficient tool within your price range.
Our Favorite Picks
|BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX||
The 7 Best Budget Circular Saw
1. PORTER-CABLE 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw
The PORTER-CABLE PCE300 can achieve maximum speeds of up to 5,500 rpm thanks to its powerful 15 A motor, which is nothing less than a high-quality circular saw, although it is just a regular machine.
There are upper and lower metal cover and steel shoe, which increases the saw unit’s durability and protection. At the same time, the auxiliary handle makes grip and use of the tool more comfortable.
Additionally, the depth and spindle adjustment lever allow users to make adjustments in an instant. You can cut up to 1.875 inches at 45 degrees and 2.5 inches at a square angle using a robust 7.25-inch 18-tooth carbide blade.
- Comfort and a clear line of sight
- Spindle lock, depth adjust
- Durable and Versatile
- Secure and user friendly
- 3-year warranty.
- Wobbling blade
The PCE300 PORTER-CABLE comes with a 3-year limited manufacturer warranty and ease of use, high performance, and long service life. But overall, to beginners and enthusiasts, it’s still a good investment.
- 15 amp motor running at 5,500 RPM provides power and speed through applications
- Steel shoe with optimum line of sight provides accurate cuts and durable construction
- Spindle lock and depth adjustment for quick adjustments on the job
- Only 9.5 lbs, with Aux handle, provide comfort and clear line of sight
2. SKIL 5280-01 15-Amp 7-1/4-Inch
The Skil 5280-01 side circular saw can, to some extent, meet the demands of the workplace. It is specially designed for homeowners, DIY enthusiasts, and pro woodworkers who want to do more. The lightness helps you to use it without being sick of holding on for a long time. It weighs only 8.7 Ibs. and is one of the lightest circular saws.
In addition to apart being budget circular, light in weight, the Skil 5280-01 has many useful features that make it simple to use, especially for owners who have little experience with these power tools.
Some of these features are a single-beam laser line that projects a laser line to direct and help users cut quickly and accurately a few feet above the cutting line.
For faster cutting, the 15-amp motor rotates the blade up to 5,300 rpm. The engine with the supplied blade is quite potent. But in terms of precision and cutting efficiency, you can get even more out of the saw by removing the blade and replace it with one with a better finish.
The Skil 5280-01 has a maximum 510 folding capacity and a pressing 450 turn to facilitate regular phase cutting.
The circular saw also has a dust fan, which helps to keep the cutting line free from the dust produced during cutting.
The SKIL 5280-01 is robust, cost-effective, and easy to use.
- Lightweight design reduces fatigue
- Dust blower mechanism included
- 510 bevel cut capacity
- Laser guide make it easy to use
- Anti-gang lower guard
- Motor sits very low
- Depth adjustment is difficult
The circular saw Skil 5280-01 is a durable circular saw with a multitude of exciting features. The quality it has at the moment is fantastic too.
Yet the consistency of the saw and its beauty will undoubtedly increase with a slightly more durable shoe cover.
- Powerful 15-amp motor delivers 5 300-RPM for greater speed and faster cuts
- 7-1 4-inch carbide-tipped blade included. Spindle lock for easy blade changes.
- 51° bevel capacity with a positive stop at 45° for a wide variety of cuts
- Dust blower keeps line-of-cut free of sawdust for improved visibility
3. BLACK+DECKER 7-1/4-Inch
The BLACK+DECKER 7-1/4-Inch is a lightweight circular saw which enables a flexible woodcut. It is equipped with a 13 amp motor, which creates a speed range of up to 5500 rpm, ideal for steady blade rotation.
This circular saw allows you to cut at 900 down to 2 7/16 inches deep, and can also cut at 450 to a depth of 1 13/16 inches.
This helps you to cut the material 2 times quickly. However, the unit comes with a folding switch, and you can use this tool to cut facades up to 450.
The circular saw also has a spindle lock, which helps you to change blades slightly. The cutting device’s key advantage is that it has a laser guide that lets you cut more precisely and quickly.
- Easy bevel adjustment
- Precision and Accurate angle cutting
- Powerful with a 13-amp motor
- Laser guide included
- Plastic materials are much it design component
- Saw guide is not aligning with the saw blade
- Laser guide is offset
Once again, you’ll be impressed by its durable structure if you look at its design. The manufacturer has engineered the circular saw to minimize fatigue and provide excellent efficiency in completing the job. In general, for those looking for a lightweight saw for cutting hard materials, it can be a perfect option.
- LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN – Helps keep you comfortable and in control while minimizing muscle fatigue.
- POWERFUL MOTOR – Circular saw’s 13 Amp motor delivers effective and efficient cutting for most applications.
- LASER GUIDE – Illuminates the cut line for enhanced accuracy.
- SPINDLE LOCK – Allows for quick and easy blade changes.
4. BLACK+DECKER 20V MAX 5-1/2-Inch
BLACK + DECKER 20V MAX 5-1/2-inch is a reliable power tool, and top saw which deserves to be mentioned in every best budget circular saw guide. This tool has a high torque motor, which gives more power to handle various inserts. It also offers a 450 to 900 diameter setting.
This circular cordless saw has 12-tooth carbide blades for accurate and even cuts. You can also obtain the best result from a wide range of materials to cut. The tool is compact, making it user friendly and suitable for everyday use. You will also appreciate the depth that is free from the tools which help adjust quickly.
- Durable and versatile for different materials
- Offers easy adjustment to the depth
- Compact design for easy to usage
- Built with a powerful engine
- Sharp and quick cutting blade
- Not suitable hard tasks
If you need to make corner cuts, this is a convenient and functional saw you can use. It provides a high degree of precision, smooth, and quick cut. It also contains a blade that rapidly cuts and can withstand various types of cuts.
- VERSATILE 5-1/2 IN. BLADE – Fast-cutting blade is ideal for a range of DIY tasks.
- VARIABLE-SPEED TRIGGER – For enhanced control over every job.
- ANGLED CUTS – Bevel detents at 45 and 90 degrees for angled cuts.
- TOOL-FREE DEPTH ADJUSTMENT – For quick and easy adjustments without extra tools.
5. CRAFTSMAN 7-1/4-Inch
The CRAFTSMAN 7-1/4 inch is a suitable working tool for those looking for a great circular saw. The saw is fairly light due to the use of modern materials such as magnesium and other materials, similar to the other tools. The upper and lower covers are made of metal, to make the circular saw durable.
The CRAFTSMAN is the best 15 amp saw, which comes with a 5500 rpm high-performance motor. This solid circular saw design is ideal for quick and aggressive cutting.
The phase adjustment up to 55 degrees is easy thanks to the shoe’s toolless slope. The saw has a wide handle shape that is easy to carry and use. Practical is to substitute the blades with a spindle locking mechanism.
- Rafter hook
- 550 tool-free bevel capacity
- Powerful with 15.0 amp
- Laser guide not included
- Short cord length
This is a great tool made for durable and quality materials. It is a versatile circular for both professional and beginner, including DIYer lovers.
- High performance motor runs at 5, 500 RPM's for aggressive fast cutting
- 71/4inches 18T Carbide tipped blade with up to 21/8inches Capacity for 2x material
- Tool-free BEVELING shoe pivots up to 55 deg. For angled cuts with detents at 22.5 and 45 Degree for ease of use
- Magnesium shoe for durability and reduced weight
6. DEWALT Portable Band Saw
This powerful DEWALT portable band saw is built with a 10 amp motor that provides a depth of 5 inches, ensuring flawless output whenever support is required. You can change the map cursor to achieve one of the desired outcomes for the opportunity to operate for one minute at speeds between 100 and 350 square meters.
The saw for rectangular bearings has a cutting capacity of 5 x 4 3/4 inches, and offers a knife tracking adjustment that allows you to adjust the blade for longer life. Besides ease of use, features such as ergonomic grip capabilities, LED indicator, and the integrated hanging hook is also available.
Variable speed dialing allows quick and precise cutting and is easy to access when using the machine. It also has a 3-year limited warranty and a 90-day money-back guarantee.
- Durable and Versatile Saw.
- Powerful 10 amp motor with variable speed control
- LED light that indicates the cut line
- Ergonomic grip options, and integrated hanging hook
- Trigger lock not included
- Cheaply Carrying case
Finally, we can tell from the previous discussion that this saw is one of the greatest inventions DEWALT has made. Choose this saw is an excellent saw for both all woodworker enthusiasts.
- Industry best 10 amp motor of the metal band saw is designed with controlled power to withstand any jobsite application
- The portable band saw has industry best 5-inch deep cut capacity for round or rectangular stock
- Serviceable steel shroud and rubber bumpers of DEWALT band saw allow guards to withstand jobsite abuse without damage
- LED sight light allows the user to see cut line in dark jobsite environment
7. Makita XSS02Z 18V LXT
Makita launched multiple versions of the Makita circular saw for all competitors in the second month of 2017.
The Makita XSS027Z 18V LXT is a 6-1/2 circular saw unlike other saws that are 7-1/2, but it is super-efficient as it works like those of 7-1/2 inch. This saw has a high built torque motor that delivers 3,700 RPMs.
This great tool has a high precision mechanism that ensures easy and smooth, accurate cutting. It is durable and versatile for various tasks even under difficult conditions.
It made to durable, versatile, and robust to engage various cutting applications. This budget circular saw called Makita XSS02Z 18V LXT is one of the best on the market since 2017. It is a battery-powered tool with the fastest-changing mechanism and a 3-year limited warranty.
- Compact and Ergonomic
- Rubberized soft grip handle
- Faster Charging and durable battery
- Efficient power management
- Battery sold separately
This Cordless circular saw is ideal for harsh and tough operations. It is compact but has a powerful motor offering 3700 rpm for quick and smooth cutting.
- Makita built motor delivers 3, 700 RPM for faster cutting and ripping through wood
- Heavy gauge, precision machined base for smooth, accurate cutting and added durability
- 50 degree maximum bevel cutting capacity
- Weighs only 7.3 pounds with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
Circular saws are highly advanced instruments with unique advantages over traditional circular saws. If you want to make the right decision, you need to be careful with the following features:
This is the first thing you need to consider when buying any circular saw. Your proposed budget must be adequately and promptly take into consideration. There are some under $100 best budget circular saw while some are above $200 in price.
Power refers to the amount of energy exerted by the blade of the saw. It is important because more power means a quicker and simpler operation.
The power can be easily measured using power tools such as circular saws by multiplying the operating voltage by its operating current to get its watts, which are one.
Corded Vs Cordless
Because their versatility and portability are the key appeals of compact circular saws, they have to be both fixed. Initially, all saws were wired up before batteries appeared, and those batteries continued to develop.
Cordless saws are more compact and easier to work, but often costlier than flushing. It generates a scenario where there is a need to balance costs and portability.
The blade is a significant part of the saw, and should also be remembered while buying—the questions you have to ask to include the blade size and how light or handy it is.
The second question is whether the kit includes blades, and the final question is how easy it is to remove the blade when it gets boring. There are two, three, or even more knives in certain packets.
Ease of use
A small saw requires a range of features such as ergonomics, weight, form and controls, and dimensional location.
Ergonomics is a philosophy that makes life easier for the hand and reduces discomfort to the hand during extended usage. A well-designed product fits in hand on its own will and does not cause pain.
For their saws, various manufacturers have specific safety measures or techniques. No safety system is the best, and nobody’s going to do it free.
Hold that in mind, in the understanding that a small saw is just as dangerous as a traditional circular saw, one of the most dangerous power tools.
The cutter’s range defines how many jobs it can do for it. This means that a saw with a good cutting depth is required, perfect for circular saws with 1 inch or more.
Although, cutting depth depends on how much torque the saw motor produces. The moment is a measure of the ease with which you’ll cut some material with a saw blade.
Different manufacturers will be selling various accessories for their circular saws, and there are no rules here. Others offer laser guides while others provide a muffler, pressing functions, and even a sealed system for hydraulic systems service.
It remains to be chosen here, and this involves choosing a saw based on these additional features as long as it provides you with what you want.
Chosen a saw with a 2 – 3 years’ warranty will give you a positive impression and help you realize that you are purchasing serious professionals’ work. It’s safer with warranties, and a saw with a longer warranty will always get more points.
Now that you have learned so many helpful tips and have seen our selected great budget circular saw, you can easily go out and spend your proposed money on one of these best circular saws.
We believe that for beginners and amateurs, SKIL 5280-01 is the best budget circular saw because it is safe and straightforward to use, suitable for different applications. At the same time, it is not difficult to manage compared to other brands.
- Best 7 1/4 Circular Saw Blades
- Best Circular Saw Blade For Cutting Aluminum
- Best Worm Drive Circular Saw
- Best Circular Saw Blade For Plywood
- Best Mini Circular Saw
- Best Corded Circular Saw
- Best Circular Saw Blade
- Best Compact Circular Saw
- Best Jig Saw Guide
- Best Folding Saw Guide
- Best Hand Saw Guide
- Best Compact Circular Saw Guide
- Best Miter Saw Blade Guide
- Best Cordless Pole Saw Guide
- Best Miter Saw Guide