Disclaimer: None of our reviews are sponsored. We earn a commission when you purchase items through our links.
Are you searching for a good manual pole saw to execute your various cutting and trimming tasks? A high quality, flexible, and robust manual pole saw is versatile that allow a professional and DIYer to accomplish different tree branches cutting project simply.
There are a number of available saw models in the market, all with their unique features, outlets, and specifications. So, what are you supposed to do to get the best saw you need?
In this review, we will provide a guide to help you and other customers like you find the perfect manual pole saw. You will get a full overview of each hand saws, and a purchasing guide in this best manual pole saw review.
Table of Contents
Our Favorite Picks
|Silky HAYAUCHI 3-Ext||
|Fiskars 7.9-12 Foot||
|Silky Zubat 13′ Polesaw||
|Milliard 6-16 Foot||
|Fiskars 12 Foot||
The 7 Best Manual Pole Saw
1. Silky Hayauchi 3-Ext
The Silky 179-39 has a 4-pole framework that can be expanded from 8 to 21 feet, offering a maximum working distance of 26 feet, and it can reach the longest cutters.
The blade is made from high metal Sk4 steel and has 5.5 teeth per inch configuration. There’s also a hook on top so you can easily remove weeds from the tree, or cut branches.
- 3-extension 4-poles/
- 25 Feet extension features
- Quickly removable sawhead
- Manufacturers limited lifetime warranty
- Replacement blade sold separately
- Not cost-effective
Silky 179-39 is the longest polar saw due to the saw aluminum material that is very light.
- Pole saw & pruner provide 3 sections telescoping high-cut small tree branches and fruit picking, no need to climb ladders,...
- The precision-ground high carbon steel cutter blades and fully heat treated with sharp razor edge, durable anvil lopper has...
- Rope-free, chain-free extendable tree pruner, is manual portable and long reach designed for easy reaching of high twigs, let...
- Low friction coating, reduced gumming and enhanced rust resistance; tree trimmers clean with mild detergent for maintenance...
2. Fiskars 7.9-12 Foot Extendabletree Pruning Stik Pruner
Fiskars 7.9-12 is an ideal solution for flawless cutting of your garden’s tall branches. This saw has extension features that render the usefulness of the Ladders useless in tree branch cutting tasks. This can be extended from 7.9 feet – 12 feet.
You can, therefore, make high and low incisions near the ground in the wicker bushes. That’sThat’s why you don’t feel tired when cutting because there’s no need to bend or kneel. Additionally, there are no chains in the design for meaningful use of the saw.
- Ideal for cutting different tree branches
- 2 handed control
- Snags and tangles eliminate
- Made of anti-rust resistant materials
- Light handles
- It’s poorly made; it breaks easily
Although this manual pole saw on subjective is relatively thick, but the pruning head favorably handles branches up to one inch thick. Additionally, the hardened steel blade is coated to lower the tendency for rust.
- IDEAL BRANCH TRIMMER: Tree pruner that extends from 7.9 to 12 feet; Lightweight aluminum pole weighing less than five pounds...
- MAXIMUM POWER AND PRECISION: Low-friction coating helps the blade glide through wood, and prevents the blade from gumming up...
- LONG-LASTING AND RELIABLE: Fully hardened, precision-ground steel pruning blade stays sharp through heavy use and provides...
- QUALITY GARDEN TOOLS: From tree pruners to garden shears, Fiskars garden and yard tools are equipped with smart technologies...
3. Silky Zubat 13” Polesaw 330mm
This Silky Zubat is one of the most affordable manual poles saw on this list. If you’ve ever thought one of these might not be a good choice for you because of the power needed to use them, then Silky Zubat 13” Polesaw 330mm is the best pick with easy usage and lightweight form.
The sharpness of the blade allows the saw to cut branches of the tree easily up to 5 centimeters thick, although it is much lighter than most other options and thus has little weight to put pressure on the branches.
There no chance of having hand cramps, since the saw has a rubberized handle for a comfortable grip. It sticks out in the air to 15 feet.
- Durable and Versatile
- Fast and easy to use
- Easy to convey
- Built with a sharp blade
- Two locking systems included
- Flimsy saw blade
The Silky Zubat 13” Polesaw 330mm is an ideal saw for those who do not believe it is an option. Although the saw pole is thinner, it is the best manual pole saw for a homeowner and DIY lovers.
- PORTABLE FOLDING HANDSAW: This professional handsaw combines superior performance and ergonomics with high-quality design....
- A VARIETY OF USES: You can use this versatile blade for a number of jobs, including pruning, trimming, branch cutting, doing...
- LIGHTWEIGHT BLADE: This carbon-steel blade attachment was designed to be light enough to provide a smooth cut through harder...
- HEAVY-DUTY CONSTRUCTION: This saw blade is made with high-quality SK4 high-carbon steel that is 2 mm thick. The blade itself...
4. Milliard 6-16 Foot Extendable Tree Pruner
If you’re looking for something that’s high quality and not too costly, not only that but also at all levels it has most top grades, which means you’re looking for Milliard 6-16 Foot Extendable Tree Pruner.
This pole saw weighs 5.49 Ibs an average of an overall saw on this list. The extension system allows for a range between 6 and 16 feet. It is not the longest pillar in fact, but the majority are long enough.
The blade of the saw is curved and made with hardened steel materials. This helps the teeth remain intact for an extended period.
- Adjustable handle for secure grip
- Smooth cutting and comfortable use
- 12 Carbon steel blade
- Double pulley system
- Durable and strong
- Metal extension pole is made of cast aluminum
This is an excellent pole saw with Everest sharpen the blade. It also has an extensive foot that ranged from 6 – 16 feet.
- Extra Long Extension – pole extends to a towering 16 feet high, so you can effectively reach all those branches that used...
- Smooth Cutting – the pruning head can snip branches up to 1.25” thick. The 14” long saw blade is made from 1.2mm thick...
- Comfortable Use – pole is made from high grade fiberglass making it lightweight and easy to handle, but still strong and...
- Pully System - the double tackle compound pulley system is there to helps you cut through thick branches with the least...
5. Jameson LS-6PKG-6 LS-Series
The Jameson hand saw can reach a fantastic height of 18 feet while being versatile and very useful in all your garden shows at the same time.
For added safety and convenience, this hand saw has stainless steel handles and a spring-loaded locking button with a pull-out blade. One feature that makes this portable band saw unique is its extension of three poles that extends the bar to the desired cut.
The joint saw set comprises a 6-foot base, a 6-foot, and a 1/2 foot 6-foot pull rod with a saw head.
- Great value for money
- 3 versatile pole system
- Low profile ferrules
- Sturdy and versatile
- Difficult to assemble
- This can get heavy if stretched
If you’re looking for the best manual pole saw for easy and decent garden cutting, then choose Jameson LS-6PKG-6 LS-Series.
Besides being robust in construction, the saw also features triple cutting for a more accurate and precise cut.
- Versatile 3 pole system for trimming at a variety of heights
- Low profile head maneuvers through dense foliage
- Aluminum ferrules with external leaf spring locking button
- 16-inch Barracuda Tri-cut saw blade for quicker, cleaner cuts
6. Jameson FG-6PKG-7 FG
Jameson FG-6PKG-7 FG is a professional tool that has an extended 6-foot to a 12-foot pole. It has a surface layer free of fiberglass to avoid the risk of fiber blooming. The Jameson’s hand saw is easy to use and adjustable.
The Jameson tree trim kit can cut thick branches with two 6-foot fiberglass rods. Its 16-inch Barracuda Tri-cut blade allows for smooth cutting. Lightweight instruments can be an excellent addition to any collection of garden tools.
- 16” Tri-Cut saw blade
- Bigmouth double pulley pruner
- Easy assembling and dissembling
- Easy and efficient work
- Not budget-friendly
Jameson FG-6PKG-7 FG is a great tool that is suitable for large garden tasks. It is easy to assemble, and even its usage is easy as well.
- Double-pulley pruner requires less force to make a clean bypass cut with smooth release
- 16-inch Barracuda Tri-Cut saw blade features impulse-hardened teeth for reduced blade wear
- Use base pole for a 6-foot reach or add the extension for a 12-foot reach
- FG Series poles are batch tested to 100 KV per foot for 5 minutes to meet OSHA requirements
7. Fiskars 12 Foot Extendable Pole Saw
You should choose Fiskars 12 Foot Extendable Pole Saw if you’re browsing for an easy to use a saw and the one that will simplify any form of the cutting process. It is modern with a long handle but less weight so that wide branches can easily be cut. This best pole saw can stretch more than 12 feet and locks securely.
Alternatively, to make the best cut for smaller or larger branches, a smooth and easy finish with long plum can be worn. Easily cut thicker branches which rotate to 230 degrees. Obviously, the blade remains sharp and allows the branches to be cut without damaging the trees.
This Fiskars saw is perfect for cutting high branches by using a ladder or, by kneeling or bending, you can make small cuts. This tool has a blade of 15 inches, suitable for cutting thicker branches of the tree.
- Quickly and easily cut high branches
- Fast, easy, and secure saw
- Double locking mechanism
- Lightweight and cutting versatility
- More and carefully tighten require
- Not suitable for palm tree
Simply choose this brand, as it protects the cutting industry. The blades have a rust-resistant layer that makes cutting of the branches easier, safe, and stress-free.
- Quickly and easily cut high branches with a sturdy tree trimming system that extends up to 12 feet
- Includes a precision-ground steel pruner for cutting smaller branches (up to 1 inch thick) and a 12 inch double-grind saw for...
- Secure double locking system ensures the extended pole stays put
- Fiberglass poles are lightweight yet strong
How To Use A Pole Pruner
Here, this section will discuss how to use a pole pruner to cut trees. Try to cut the branches perfectly and mainly safely, following the steps below.
Adjust the blades with a pole
To use them you have first to adjust the blades with the pole. So search again to ensure you’ve done well. To extend the pole whenever you need to. Some tool features two or three extensions. To expand your tool and then block it, depending on the height you want to reach. The locking button usually positions at the end of the manual pole saw.
Clear the work area and plan first what you need to do
Nobody will desire to hurt him/herself or someone around. So make sure there’s no one under the tree except you before you start. Or are sure everyone is at a safe and better place. Also, ensure that when you cut the branches, they are not coming down on your head. And of course, you have to make a plan for the tree branches you need to cut. Where it could fall, and how it would fall. Calculate everything before cutting starts.
It’sIt’s going to be fun and unusual to have tree branches fall on you. So position yourself properly to ascertain that the tree branches that won’t fall on your head.
Cut the small branches first.
If you want to make an excellent and easy cutting task, you should start cutting from the small, thin aspect of the tree. This will make every process easy and safe.
Make groove first
Firstly, touch the branch lightly to take control of your saw. Make a groove to ensure proper cutting. This will enable you to get an accurate aim. It also lets you not move the saw, perpendicular to the branch.
You can place the saw on the branch after successful tracking, and begin sawing the tree at your desirable rate. The groove connects the saw at the same spot. So you can trim a tree branch quickly. Start slowly and increase your speed gradually. This is the first law of the use of a saw.
Manual pole saws are one of the most user-friendly tools. Nevertheless, you still have to be careful when using them, as not all of them are recommended for branches of the same size.
You need to plan where to cut the branch, clean the workspace, set up the saw, and start operations.
How To Repair Fiskars Tree Pruner
Friskar tree pruner has different models, but each of their products allows for easy and safe cutting from the ground at 15 to 18 feet. Fiskars saw usually made with adjustable features at one end, in 2 elements having a clamp this is remote. Numerous pole saw was created to tackle large and bigger tree branches. Fiskars offers components on sales for easy replacement by their customers. Below is the process on how to repair Fiskars tree pruner :
- There are some tools you will need to get the job done easily such as; scissors, hammer, tape, plyer, Narrow metal object (max 7mm), 4mm, and 6mm hex head wrench, Fiskars UC replacement rope kit.
- After all necessary tools have ready, the next thing is to disassemble and remove the old cord.
- Cut the cord at the tied end, draw the cord and drive the rope through the pulleys and loosen the knots employing a screwdriver or swivel wheel.
- Thread one end linked to the cable within the blade from outside through the pole this will be top.
- Drag the cord within the reduced cycle, outside and inside using this slider. Today the rope travels towards the surface throughout the underlying pole shaft.
- Continue to withdraw the cord linked to the thread and rope it through the clamp, yet again through the top through the clamp, this might be cutting.
- Attach the rope through two pole joints or almost every other knot towards the buckle which holds it steadily in place. Wrap it ultimately; this is a free rope that goes into the clamp underneath the pulley and after that through the period for twin help. Then make a closed circuit of the second one, which is a free end, and pull the free end toward you in the middle of the first as well as second, at this stage tight both circuit cords by pulling about to the last end.
- Pass the other cord through other end concerns the rope to the stairs through the eyelets or every single other guide, maintaining the rope tightly while running on woods.
- To make a circuit, this will be brief an elongated, or pole that is wholly cut the rope through a device knife where necessary. Get throughout the opening inside the synthetic handle this is the end. Cause the handle rope fastens with a knot, this is quite simple.
It is not an easy task to buy a manual saw that fits your budget and needs. We’ve managed to list a few features in this guide that you need to bear in mind when buying a manual saw.
The length of the manual pole saw is a great feature that one needs to note and consider when purchasing a saw. It is the pole length that will determine the height rate the saw can reach. Although, it is not advisable to choose a saw based on its design but based on the saw quality and durability. If your selected saw is quality and durable, you will comfortably work in your garden without worry yourself about the saw break when using it.
This is another crucial feature of a manual pole saw. If you choose a saw that heavyweight, you may experience some difficulties when using as it as that can lead to hand fatigue. A lightweight manual pole saw is an ideal saw that will allow you to work for several hours with experience of hand fatigue due to its lightweight. Although different materials were coupled together to produce a manual pole saw and this is what determines the saw weight. Either you desire to choose a lightweight, or heavyweight saw what needs to mind is the quality of the materials produced by the saw.
The blade the saw is made with or used is another excellent feature since it is a blade that comes in direct contact with the tree branch you want to cut or engage. Quality metal blades are effective at delivering an accurate output. SK5 high carbon blades are the most frequently used to make a blade of some of the world’s leading manual pole saws. For its durability and precision, cutting an edge with corrosion and dust resistance properties is very important.
The versatility property is crucial, especially when a manual pole saw is involved. The material used in the design, its weight, and the product quality would play a significant role in deciding the saw’s versatility. A manual saw is said to be versatile if it has all the essential features, as well as some more favorable aspects which give it that advantage. An important saw capable of carrying out multiple cutting operations and easy to maintain and use.
For a manual pole saw this particular aspect is essential since not all products are of high quality. Some saw may have a hard blade and may not have adequate grip. Small difficulties and problems can be manageable in a product; but if the saw’s quality is compromised, the output will be poor. You should check the reviews of both consumers and users to get proper knowledge about the product quality. High-quality manual pole saws still receive outstanding feedback and recommendations from customers, so be sure to check them out.
When not in use, the saw should be light and easy to store. Low-capacity saws need to be flexible not only in rod construction but also in all product aspects. A good pole saw should have simple storage properties for easy storage.
Check out the brand’s warranties on the models of the saw you’re buying. Several brands and models come with various warranty packages. Choosing one model which offers the best guarantee package over another is always better because a backup is always appreciated, no matter what happened. The brand guarantee gives you complete peace of mind while using your saw to cut and trim.
Here we’ve come to the end of the guide of the best manual pole saw. The various factor was considered to arrive at our every decision on each product such as price, the material used, blade and other requirements are essential factors will consider, and we believe this guide will assist you when buying your saw.
So if you don’t know which one to pick and you want the best tools for the garden, then you should consider our best pick. We recommend that the best choice among the review tool is the Silky HAYAUCHI 3-Ext. Polesaw 6.3m (21”). It’sIt’s solid and robust when completely elongated, with an impressive length of 25 feet. The blade itself has enough features to distinguish it from the others.