* If you click a link on this page and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn more.
A good electric brad nailer is a surefire way to get amazing quality products in terms of finishes and final looks. But finding the best electric brad nailer can be a bit of a pickle when you consider the numerous options.
But don’t worry about that, I’ve made this list explaining the different features found on different units to narrow down your choices and help you reach a final decision.
Table of Contents
Our Top Picks
|Neu Master NTC0040||N/A||5.2|
|DeWalt DC618K XRP||120||8.5|
The 10 Best Electric Brad Nailer
1. Porter-Cable PCC790LA Pneumatic Brad Nailer
Porter-Cable PCC790LA is a great cordless brad nailer of 12 volts and 5.9 pounds. Being cordless means that you will not need a compressor, hose, or expensive gas cartridges.
Moreover, such features ensure that if you buy it, you are going to have a portable brad nailer that has high power. The 20-volt battery gives the brad nailer good electric power that keeps it working for hours and hours. I know that you are worried that the battery might die in the middle of your project, so let me assure you that it lasts about 700-900 pins (2″ and 1 1/4″).
Moreover, it has LED lights, which means that you do not need to worry about working in a place with low light; also, even if the electricity goes out, you can keep working on your project. In addition to such great features, its depth adjustment wheel allows you to sink nails of 18 gauge-diameter consistently and smoothly, its tool-free release lever and jam release ensure high productivity.
Indeed, all the above features ensure that you are going to get your work done quickly and professionally; however, it has some drawbacks that you need to know. One of its most significant disadvantages is the absence of a bump-fire mode.
So, if you are going to be working in a job site that requires you to drive a lot of brads in a short amount of time, Porter-Cable PCC790LA is not for you. However, if you know that you won’t be asked to do this, then relax, this problem does not, in any way, concern you.
- LED lights
- Works with battery
- Depth adjustment wheel
- Include battery
- Three-year limited warranty
- No bump fire mode
- A bit heavy
PORTER-CABLE PCC790LA is an excellent tool to buy since it has a long-life battery, LED light, depth adjustment wheel, and is portable. However, if you need to drive a lot of nails at the same time, steer away from it.
- 100% Battery Power Of The Cordless Brand Nailer Eliminates Need For Compressor, Hose Or Costly Gas Cartridges
- Motor Design Of 18 Gauge Brad Nailer Provides Consistent Firing Power Into Various Materials And Climate Conditions
- Multiple Tool-Free Settings Of The Battery Brad Nailer Provide Ease Of Use
- Unit'S Lightweight And Optimal Center Of Graviy Provide User Comfort In Multiple Positions Reducing User Fatigue
2. Bostitch F21PL Framing Nailer – Finish Nailer
Bostitch F21PL Framing Nailer’s magnesium body strikes a beautiful balance between power and weight. Its body makes it durable enough to withstand being in use for hours, while still being lightweight (4.17 pounds) so you do not get tired of using it. It works with standard air compressors and not batteries.
Bostitch F21PL Framing Nailer has a patented feature that allows you to determine nail depth with nothing more than a push of a button! Its outstanding convenience features do not stop here; its quick-change nose pieces will enable you to switch from plastic-collated framing nails to metal connector nails in a blink of an eye.
Moreover, whenever you are working, you won’t need to stop to add nails because its magazine can hold up to 60 plastic collated nails of 21 degrees from 2.0 to 3.5 inches, and 60 metal connector nails of 1.5 to 2.5 inches.
Another considerate feature: there is a 16-inch layout indicator on the magazine to let you know the correct distance between studs. The box comes with a framing nailer and two quick-change nosepieces.
You should get it if you need to do some framing, sheathing, subflooring, or bracing tasks.
- 16-inch layout indicator
- Large magazine
- Quick-change nose pieces for plastic-collated and metal-connector nails
- Adjustable rafter hook to hang the nailer on nailer on joists and rafters
- Nails get jammed
- Connecting nailing feature may not work
Bostitch F21PL Framing Nailer will please you if you do not mind working with a corded power tool. It also has excellent features like its big magazine, 16-inch layout, and its quick-change nosepieces.
However, bear in mind that nails get jammed, and sometimes, the connecting nailing feature does not work.
- Two nailers in one: includes two quick change nosepieces to convert tool to either framing or metal connector applications
- Patented push button adjustable depth guide of the framing nailer gun sets nails to desired depths
- Lightweight magnesium design for durability
- Adjustable rafter hook allows users to hang tool on rafters and joists
3. Freeman PFBC940 Nail Guns – Gauge Cordless
Freeman PFBC940 Nail Gun is made of a durable magnesium body that helped it be extra lightweight (4 pounds.) It also has an ergonomic handle to make it easy and comfortable for you to hold and maneuver so that you get the best work done. Moreover, the handle is anti-vibration, which maximizes safety.
Also, you can easily remove jams without taking the nailer apart, thanks to a tool-free quick-release latch.
This power tool is genuinely versatile; we can say that it has a 4-in-1 functionality. It has an angled flooring attachment that allows you to convert it from being a brad nailer and stapler into a flooring nailer and stapler. The flooring nailer and flooring stapler turn into a brad nailer and stapler when you take the attachment off.
You can also customize your firing depth thanks to its tool-free depth adjustment. You can use it for flooring, siding, roofing, and many more purposes. It can install 1/4″ – 1/2″ solid or engineered flooring when using 1/4″ narrow crown 18 gauge staples from 5/8″ to 1-5/8″ in length, but when you are removing the flooring base, it doubles as an 18 gauge brad nailer. Also, it can drive 18 gauge brad nails from 5/8″ to 1-5/8″ in length when used as a brad nailer.
Furthermore, there is a 360 adjustable exhaust that keeps air from your face while you are working. This feature prevents your eyes from getting hurt due to debris or any dust that may get into them. You can also use it to blow debris away from your workplace.
Moreover, the anti-dust cap keeps the internal parts of the tool clean even if it has been stored for a long time without getting used.
Do you think that you will need to keep checking the magazine for fear that you will run out of nailers in the middle of your task? Worry no more! You will know that Freeman PFBC940 Nail Gun has few fasteners left when the red indicator becomes visible.
- Magnesium body, magnesium cylinder, and rubber o-rings
- anti-dust cap
- 360 adjustable exhaust
- tool-free quick-release latch
- Seven-year limited warranty
- Hard to adjust the shoe for flooring
- Trigger gets jammed
Freeman PFBC940 Nail Gun is a safe tool to use due to its ergonomic handle that is also anti-vibration. Moreover, its 360 adjustable exhaust ensures that your eyes will stay safe. It is convenient and easy to handle thanks to its depth adjustment, load indicator, tool-free quick release, and angled flooring attachment.
- Construction Applications: Perfect for engineered or tongue and groove flooring installation, decorative trim, moulding,...
- 4-in-1 Nail / Staple Gun: Specifically designed to take on both flooring from 1/4" – 5/8" and finish work with just one...
- Built to Last: One piece hardened steel drive blade, and anodized aluminum cylinder and magazine result in a durable...
- Tool-free Depth Adjust: Simply turn the depth adjustment wheel by hand to change the driving depth of nails and staples for...
4. Ryobi P320 Airstrike Cordless Brad Nailer
This is a six-pound powerful plastic nailer of 18 volts. It is cordless, so it does not require compressors, hoses, or gas cartridges. Instead, it works with lithium batteries. The cordless design provides users with more convenience and better performance. The only bad thing about the battery is that it is sold separately.
Moreover, its convenient adjustment dial regulates the air pressure for optimum results. Ryobi is a powerful tool for high technology. It can drive up to 1700 nails per charge, and 60 nails per minute. Also, it has a low-nail indicator to let you know when it is time to reload.
This 18-gauge nailer produces professional work, and it is suitable for making furniture and other small wood projects. Sadly, its brads are small, so they are not ideal for heavy hanging, but they cause less mess and therefore produce a professional touch.
- High tech
- Battery sold separately
This 18-volt nailer is powerful and durable. It is suitable for small wood projects and making furniture, which makes it quite versatile. However, the battery is sold separately, so when you attach it, it adds some weight to it. Also, Ryobi is not suitable for heavy hanging.
- Drives up to 1700 nails per charge
- No compressors, hoses or pricey gas cartridges required. Cordless design offers both convenience and superior performance.
- Convenient adjustment dial regulates air pressure for optimum results.
- Low-nail indicator to quickly and easily see when it is time to reload
5. Craftsman C3 Electric Nail Gun – 18 Gauge Brads
It is a 19.2-volt power tool. Its metal body makes it durable. Also, its small size (10x5x5 inches) enables you to store it anywhere and to work in tight spaces with convenience.
Moreover, since it is cordless, you won’t need to work with loud compressors anymore (say bye to headaches).
Its bump-fire allows you to work with maximum speed, and its accurate placement and single sequential mode will enable it to insert 5/8″-2″ nails at the same time. It also has a tool-less jam release and a contact mode.
Does it come with LED light? No. It comes with not just one, but two LED lights, so you can perfectly work in dark places. Like Ryobi, it comes with a low-nail indicator to quickly know when you need to reload.
Unfortunately, the battery and charger are sold separately.
- Two LED lights
- Tool-less jam release
- Bump fire
- Lightweight (6 pounds)
- Small size
- Battery and charger are sold separately.
This lightweight and durable tool allows you to work at maximum speed with convenience. It also lets you insert 5/8″-2″ nails at the same time, and has 2 LED lights.
However, its battery and charger are sold separately, and that costs extra money.
- Single sequential mode and contact mode
- No need for compressors or hoses; Drives 5/8"-2" nails; Tool-less jam release
- 2 LED lights helps illuminate the work surface and Low-nail indicator to quickly see when you need to reload
- Tool-less depth-of-drive adjustment for proper setting of nails
6. Neu Master NTC0040 Brad Nailer – 18 Gauge Brads
This is the best electric brad nailer stapler that is designed for upholstery, wooden handiwork, home improvement, and wood pallet.
Its ergonomic handle is designed in a way that reduces your exposure to vibration so that you can work comfortably. Moreover, its contact safety pole and trigger design prevent you from having to suffer from accidental firing.
Moreover, this 20-volt electric nailer is easy to use. All you need to do is place the tool on the work surface and depress the contact on the front of the tool. While doing this, you should hold the top of the tool with one hand and press on the trigger to fire staple using the other hand.
Note that you will have to pick up the front of the tool and reactivate the contact safety for each shot.
Furthermore, you can quickly clear jam; how? First of all, you have to make sure that the ON/OFF switch is set on OFF. Secondly, to disassemble the front cover and middle panel, get the L wrench out of the pusher bracket, and loosen the two hexagon screws that are on the head of the tool to get stuck nails out. Lastly, assemble the front cover and middle panel again, and you are good to go!
Another great feature is the non-marring tip that protects your work surface and prevents it from dents and marks.
Moreover, there is an adjustable knob that you can rotate in the direction to reduce power (+) if the staple or nail drop too close to the work surface. Also, you can turn it in the direction to increase the power (-) if the staple or brad is higher than the work surface, because this way, the penetration will not be good.
The box includes 18 gauge brad nail 1”x100pcs; and 1/4” crown staple, legs 3/4”x400pcs, and its specifications are: rated firing speed：≤20pcs/min, stapler/nailer: 1/4” crown staple 5/16″ to 5/8″ and 18 gauge, 5/8” to 1-1/4” brad nail, 7′ and 7” power cord with UL plug.
- Non-marring tip
- Adjustable knob
- Easy to use
- Ergonomic handle
- Not powerful enough
- Nails might not go all the way through the wood
- Might misfire
This is said to be the best nailer/stapler ou there; however, you should note that it may misfire, and it is not powerful enough to get the nail through the wood.
- 🔰CONVENIENCE --The electric nail gun/staple gun doesn't need compressors or hoses, which makes this brad nailer easy to...
- 🔰WIDE APPLICATION -- The nailer/stapler is ideal for Softwood DIY projects such as carpentry, picture framing, door or...
- 🔰Safety Design -- The 18 gauge brad nailer is designed with On/Off power switch, safety contact and an easily squeezed...
- 🔰FRIENDLY USE -- The upholstery staple gun is equipped with ergonomic soft-grip handle for reducing worker fatigue. And...
7. DeWalt DC618K Electric Nailers
Dewalt is a cordless power tool, as well. It comes with a long-life lithium battery. The durability of the battery allows it to keep Dewalt running for a long time before it needs recharging.
Moreover, Dewalt comes with an 18-volt XRP battery and a 1-hour charger. XRP batteries prolong the battery’s life by 40% extra than standard Ni-Cad batteries. Moreover, you can use the XRP battery with any 18-volt Dewalt tool.
The design, the twenty-degree angled magazine, and the nosepiece make Dewalt extra excellent. Its design allows it to be speedy and perform consistent nail penetration in both soft and hard joints.
Speaking of the magazine, it can take up to 120 nails. Also, the magazine accepts Dewalt and Paslode 20-degree nails. If you hate using wrenches and screwdrivers, you don’t have to anymore, since you can easily access the nosepiece to remove jammed nails without having to use them. Moreover, for your safety, the contact trip lock-off disables the trigger when it is not in use.
The sequential operating mode and the bump operating mode allow you to place nails with precision and reach top speed, respectively.
Moreover, for extra ease of use, the six-position dial enables you to move between applications without having to re-acquire the exact depth setting.
It is needless to say that at 8 pounds, it is relatively heavy; however, you can still manage to handle jobs with convenience. Moreover, you can maneuver it around effortlessly.
Also, if you are going to be working in a dark place or a place with lowlights, it is okay because Dewalt comes with LED lights.
The box comes with safety glasses, an operation manual, an eighteen-volt XRP battery, a one-hour charger, and of course, the nailer itself.
- Battery included
- Long-life battery
- LED lights
- Six-position dial
- Bump operation mode
- Sequential operation mode
- Consistent nail penetration into soft and hard joints
- Three-year limited warranty
- Two-year free service
- Must have an extra battery with you
- Relatively heavy
Dewalt DC618K is an excellent power tool. It allows you to insert nails with precision in soft and hard joints, work with maximum speed, and see in darkness. Moreover, its battery lasts for a long time, so you will not have to worry about not being able to finish your task before the deadline.
It is your decision to state whether the excellent features make up for the high price and the relatively heavyweight or not.
- This cordless finish nailer that is 100% battery powered eliminates need for a compressor, hose or costly gas cartridges
- Brushless motor of the 16 gauge finish nailer maximizes runtime and durability
- Tool-free selectable trigger for sequential or contact actuation modes
- Tool-free depth adjustment for precise countersinking of nails
8. VonHaus 18v Cordless Nail Gun
VonHaus cordless nail guns are designed with the user in mind and exclusively for home DIY projects.
The ERGONOMICALLY DESIGNED 2 in 1 soft-grip nailer/stapler is comfortable, easy to use, and very convenient to shoot 500 3/4” narrow crown staples, or 500 1” brad nails per load. The tools also deliver a quick impact control which makes it possible for the gun to work with varying materials.
The anti-jam mechanism protects from being jammed by repetitive contacts of fasteners or nails, contact safety switch prevents accidental discharge.
- No need to worry about cords or air hoses.
- Easy to use for beginners.
- Get the job done quickly and efficiently.
- Keep your work area neat and clean with no cord mess.
- ERGONOMICALLY DESIGNED – 2 in 1 soft-grip nailer/stapler is comfortable and intuitive to use - cordless for convenience...
- ESSENTIALS INCLUDED – 500 X 3/4” staples, 500 X 1” brad nails. Fires 18 Gauge, 5.7mm (1/4”) Narrow Crown staples in...
- ADJUSTABLE IMPACT CONTROL – for use with varying workpiece materials
- ANTI-JAM MECHANISM – allows for uninterrupted nailing. Contact safety switch prevents accidental firing
9. CRAFTSMAN V20 Cordless Brad Nail Gun
The CRAFTSMAN V20 MAX cordless nailer drives adhesive collated 18 gauge to finish nails and eliminates the need for compressors, hoses, or costly Gas.
This tool is designed to provide consistent firing power in various climate conditions and materials, with tool-free setting depth that simplifies setup and increased efficiency for crafters of all levels. Its lightweight design makes it easy to maneuver in tight spaces while still delivering maximum comfort for craftsmen completing their projects quickly and efficiently.
The over-molded handle on this kit provides added comfort during use as well as a more refined look that’s sure to impress.
- The nailer can be used without a compressor, hose, or expensive gas.
- It is lightweight and easy to maneuver in tight spaces.
- Save time and money on your projects with this tool.
- Get the job done quickly and efficiently.
- Drives adhesive collated 18 GA finish nails with this cordless finish nailer
- ELIMINATES THE NEED: Fully cordless design eliminates the need for compressors, hoses or costly gas cartridges
- CLIMATE CONDITIONS: Provides consistent firing power in various climate conditions and materials
- CONSISTENT RESULTS: Tool-free depth settings for quick set up
10. Paslode 918000 Cordless Li-ion Brad Nailer
The Paslode 918000 cordless brad nailer was designed to give you the accuracy of a hammer with the convenience of a trigger.
The 7-volt battery drives up to 12,000 nails per charge and at 4.6 Lbs, it is so light that it is comfortable for any user. It’s been certified by a TV manufacturer as a double side nail with a high-intensity neck coating 11 inches long in maximum position (the other is 8 inches), which will facilitate your carpenter’s work on different surfaces.
Now you can make precise holes through hardwoods, plywood, particleboard, and other materials with the Paslode cordless brad nailer.
- No cords or air compressor needed.
- Up to 12,000 nails per charge.
- Nails are accurate and powerful.
- Can be used for both light and heavy-duty work
- Accurately place every nail with open line of sight
- 4.6 Lbs. - Lightest cordless brad mailer
- 7V Li-ion battery drives up to 12,000 mailer per charge
- 1-1/2 Hour Full Charge; 2 - minute quick charge for up to 200 extra shots
How to Choose an Electric Brad Nailer?
Materials and Construction
Typical electric brad nailers will be made either from aluminum or galvanized steel. You should look for a lightweight gun that’s durable, has an ergonomic design, and a comfortable grip. This is to prevent any cramps or fatigue in your hands.
Most electric brad nailers work with a finger trigger that you need to activate in order to fire nails. Alternatively, some run with a single sequential trigger that enables you to shoot multiple nails. Finally, the fastest one to work with is the bounce trigger.
Loading Style and Angles
Depending on the kind of work you’ll be doing, you might need a nailer that works at different angles so that you don’t have to work in awkward or uncomfortable positions.
Make sure your tool enables you to reach all the angles required to finish your work.
Adjusting the depth at which your nails are driven gives you a higher degree of professionalism and accuracy. It also allows you to work with a wider variety of materials.
Some additional features can go a long way when it comes to your electric brad nailer being easy to use. For one, nail size adjustments can provide you with superb versatility.
Some units come with swiveling air connectors to allow the tubing to spin and respond appropriately to gravity, reducing the effort you have to exert.
Moreover, jam clearing can deliver a more effective usage while air dusters and exhaust provide a clean working surface and working area.
Some brad nailers come with LED lights to provide you with more visibility anywhere.
Finally, some go the extra mile and come with dry fire lockouts, protective carrying cases, rafter hooks, and directional exhausts that you can point away from you as you operate the tool.
Any of the seven options on the list can be considered the best electric brad nailer, but if you’re looking for a very versatile one with high capacity and durability, LED lights, and great depth adjustment, I’d recommend the Porter-Cable PCC790LA. However, not if you’re looking for a bump fire mode.
Then again, there’s the Freeman PFBC940, which is affordable, lightweight, and easy to maneuver. And the best part is that it’s super versatile.
Finally, I’d recommend the Ryobi P320 for its ability to operate for extended periods with great efficiency and accuracy.