* If you click a link on this page and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. Learn more.
A good air reciprocating saw is a powerful tool that can be used for large cutting, landscaping, and various house repairs. The type of tools you can rely on for your next task and the material to be cut. The reciprocating air saw is an elastic power tool. Those tools can be used engaging in steel pipes cutting, wipeout work, fiberglass cutting, density work, plastic, wood, and metal parts cutting for excellent nature jobs.
However, which air-reciprocating saws are the best devices on the market? You shouldn’t go through any rigid testing because, in this article, we will review 6 best air reciprocating saw. See the reviews and compare each of them and determine which one is best for you.
|Ingersoll Rand 429||Check Price||1.75Ibs||4.5|
|Astro Pneumatic||Check Price||1.7Ibs||4.5|
|Neiko Ridge30065A||Check Price||1.7Ibs||4.5|
|Oemtools 24409||Check Price||1.75Ibs||4.4|
|High Speed Metal||Check Price||6Ibs||Nil|
|Chicago Pneumatic||Check Price||1.45Ibs||4.5|
The 6 Best Air Reciprocating Saws
1. Ingersoll Rand 429 – Air Reciprocating Saw
This is a heavy-duty air-reciprocating saw that can quickly cut flat and curved surfaces. The air saw has a supportive blade holder and an adjustable blade guide for the customer. When operating the air saw, the user may also reduce vibration.
It has high strokes of 10,000 per minute, heavy-duty machinery, vibration reduction, and flexible blade guide make it a safe and straightforward choice for even the toughest of materials. If you look at air-driven saws that can be used to patch, muffle, or exhaust products for a longer duration, then this could be the best choice for you.
- safe to use.
- robust, and it’s going to last a long time.
- has a device that can blast the debris out of the tool’s way.
- It has no guidance about how to adjust the blade.
- It needs additional equipment to make blade adjustments.
- It’s costly.
The Ingersoll Rand 429 air reciprocating saw lives up to its reputation – it is cumbersome! The only drawback with this saw is that adjusting the blades can be difficult, as it requires several tools to do so.
2. Astro Pneumatic – Pneumatic Reciprocating Saw
Astro Pneumatic Reciprocating Saw is another top device in this review. One of the factors that made us choose it, which is also popular among other shoppers out there is its compact size.
The saw is very lightweight and helps you to monitor it easily and experience some degree of comfort when using it.
The compactness and lightweight of this tool help you to use it while reducing fatigue when operating on those tight spots.
Also, within 60 seconds this pneumatic will produce 9,000 strokes. This should be enough to break through any sheet of metal or fiberglass. If you’ve got some bodywork on your car, this tool will be your best friend.
The device comes with an adjustable blade guide to improve the life of the saw. It can also cut intricate shapes and those close radius curves on curved and flat surfaces.
- It’s small and lightweight.
- It’s cost-effective.
- It can deliver 9,000 strokes a minute.
- There’s a versatile blade guard.
- This is durable to cut various materials.
- It has fewer strokes per minute.
- No vibration reduction
This saw would be ideal for a professional concerned with exhaust work, or a body shop repair muffler. Even it’s a very flexible piece of tool.
3. Neiko Ridge30065A – Cheap Reciprocating Saw
Those in need of a cost-effective reciprocating tool should check this cheap Neiko reciprocating saw. This tool is among the best air reciprocating saw available in the market for both quality and cost-effectiveness. It’s ideal for been inexpensive, with numerous quality and benefits.
The Neiko RIDGE30065A 1/4 in reciprocating saw has not only a limited price range but is also packed with power. It is designed with high-quality to generate over 9,000 strokes in 60 seconds. And so, it’s one of the best bodywork air saws. This particular high-speed metal-air tool is great and it can also be used to perform both lines and rounded cuts.
- It is one of the finest air saws for the price.
- It’s long-lasting and flexible.
- It can generate ten thousand strokes a minute.
- It’s difficult to make blade adjustments.
This saw qualified among the best, and would comfortably fit into the value-for-money segment. It’s also sturdy and reliable enough to manage your projects with ease. Irrespective of your budget, this saw will suit you easily.
4. Oemtools 24409 – Electric Body Saw
Are you a hobbyist searching for a great reciprocating tool to engage your simple DIY task, the OEMTOOLS 24409 electric body tool is a great option for you. In the market today OEMTOOLS 24409 is one of the best reciprocating saws one can find.
This portable tool with its cost-effective price is enough to tag its most low-cost reciprocating tools.
This reciprocating air-driven saw from OEMTOOLS is capable of delivering 9,000-strokes per minute. This instrument has been designed to use different materials, including plastic, brass, steel, sheet metal, etc. It is also an outstanding cutting and carving saw for the price. The heavy-duty saw is thus ideal for work with exhausts, interior trim, and headlamps.
So, if you’re searching for a budget-friendly alternative, you can choose the OEMTOOLS model 24409 air-reciprocating saw.
- It’s a little lightweight.
- It functions efficiently and quickly.
- It’s kind of planning.
- It has a complicated blade shift method.
- It has no purpose to regulate its vibration.
The OEMTOOLS 24409 is a large air-reciprocating saw for cutting various types of metal such as plastic, aluminum, fiberglass, and so on. It’s on the quieter side when compared to some of the other saws on this list, though, so bear in mind that you may want to grab some earplugs before you get to work on this unit.
5. High Speed Metal Saw
The High-Speed Metal Saw is one of the best reciprocating saws on the market for fast and efficient cutting of almost any material you might throw at it, including bars, pipes, rods, aluminum, and up to 16 gauge sheet metal.
It’s convenient to hold on to and incredibly easy to control, making it the chosen air-reciprocating saw user for the first time. It’s also extremely compact and easy to bring around. It is made of high-quality material and is likely to last you an incredibly long time. If you’re searching for the best air reciprocating saw, you won’t be able to find anything better than the High-Speed Metal Saw.
- It’s sturdy and robust
- It’s light weighted and easy to bring around.
- Good to get to angles that are harder to reach
- It has a good warranty.
- It requires a lot of lubrication to get started.
- It’s noisy
- It creates powerful vibrations
The High-Speed Metal Saw is a beautiful reciprocating air saw that would get the job done for you in a super fast and efficient way. It’s deafening and generates a lot of noise when you’re using it, so make sure you’re prepared for that scenario.
6. Chicago Pneumatic – Body Saw Blades
The Chicago Pneumatic CP7900 body saw blade is one of the strongest and safest devices since it features a lock-off throttle to defend against unintended start-ups. The adjustable guard is to avoid injuries as well. The rear exhaust is there, which keeps the pollution away from the office, making it easier for you to work.
With an ergonomic handle and design, you get the best leverage and grip on your saw. It has some excellent torque and provides a power of 10000 strokes per minute, which means you can quickly cut through different materials. It is considered to be suitable for body, exhaust, and muffler functions.
- Three inclusive blades come with the tool.
- It’s simple to manage and smooth to work.
- It’s an excellent tool for cutting around tight corners and odd angles.
- Turning it is somehow difficult
The Chicago Pneumatic CP7900 body saw blades are a fantastic air reciprocating saw that’s simple to use and will help you get every job done, no matter how rough it is. It may be a complicated procedure to swap out the blades of the saw.
- Compact Circular Saw
- Miter Saw Blade
- Cordless Pole Saw
- Best Cordless Reciprocating Saw
- Best Corded Reciprocating Saw
- Best Reciprocating Saw Blades
What Reciprocating Saws Used For
- Cuts on wood and metal surfaces: A reciprocal tool is built for direct and rounded cutting. The good aspect of a reciprocal tool, however, is its small size. It allows easy access to materials in comparison with other saw types. This saw will easily cut the surfaces of wood and metal for this purpose. Moreover, the reciprocal tool is protected by versatile blades.
- To make dip cuts: This tool has sharp blades that can be reciprocated and cut across various material types. This tool will help you to make dip cutting, particularly if the cutting with other saw styles can’t be done. All you need to do is to make a hole in the material where you want to cut with a tool, from which to put the tool saw blade and drill it dip.
- Tree clipping: You can use a reciprocating saw if you want to prune your tree or cut the overgrown branches. The reciprocating tool is small and lightweight. Which allow the operator to keep the tool with ease and confidence when engaging in various pruning or trimming task. With that ease, this tool is considered one of the best tree pruning tools. Another excellent pruning tool to be applied to your kit is the pole saw.
- Overhead application: Regardless of the kind of tool you have in your toolkit it can be difficult to make overhead cuts. Whenever the cut can be generated on the floor, several saws will work perfectly. Although if the cut is over your head, it can be difficult or even impossible to use them. You won’t find it hard to make any kind of overhead break with a reciprocating saw though.
- Framework: This tool could also be used to make frames, as a reciprocating tool helps you to make various including rounded and straight cuts. Applying this technique can also be the easiest way to cut frames precisely without chipping on a small piece. With regard to the construction and design of structures, this tool gives you a focus on clarity and precision cutting.
- Plumbing: You can use a reciprocating saw to carry out plumbing work for your home. On a more technical note, this tool can be used to hack through holes and notches. As a plumber, the only reason to go for this tool is to assists you to get a task done quickly within less time.
Buyer’S Guide For Air Reciprocating Saws
Air reciprocating saw available in various types with a different distinction between each of them. With so many choices on the market, the choice of a tool can seem daunting. In essence, which factors do you need to remember when selecting the best choice for yourself? Below are the main features you need to remember before choosing an air-reciprocating saw.
Heavy saws are handy for use in large tasks as they can reduce vibration. The most important thing to use a reciprocating saw is its versatility. Rather than a circular, a miter tool or a table saw is shorter than most conventional power saws.
On the other hand, if it takes considerable time for you to do some work, you should get a bright, reciprocal saw. It is a daunting task to keep hours at your hand a large saw.
You need to check when buying an air reciprocating saw if it has a blade on it. At the time most of the tools don’t usually have a blade which will subject you to search for a suitable one that engages your task.
But maybe the blade doesn’t take care of all your duties. In any situation, it is advisable for you to purchase various kinds of blades together with your tools.
Safety Lock Throttle
This is the most important and fantastic option for those searching/planning to add extra safety to their tool. Safety lock throttle stops the device from starting accidentally. If you are someone that usually works within a large gathering or you have many workers and you’re in need of extra security, this factor can give you just what you need to work without bothering about anything.
Adjustable Blade Guide
The blade guide can help to increase blade life, reduce blade friction, and improve cutting accuracy. An adjuster is not essential, but it’s vital for those that want to achieve smoother cuts through their air reciprocating tool. It can also help boost quality performance, smoother operation, and fewer waste materials.
Rotor speed is useful for those hoping for more than one reason to buy air-saws. This option enables you to use the top speed to make fast cuts or minimize rounds within 60 seconds to do a more accurate job.
These six best air reciprocating saws are the best you can find on the market. They come in different styles and costs. This makes every air-driven saw special.
As a consumer, you will have to select one that is of high quality and one that will suit your needs. You don’t have to go through another list to make a pick when this list is open.